Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Tournament Hand Evaluation

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. You all make some very valuable points. I purposely didn't reveal what the villian had because I thought the decisions were more important than the result.

Obviously my decisions weren't very good, but the result was. The villian showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I escaped the hand with most of my stack. I realize I could have just as easily been wrong and given up a huge opportunity to accumulate valuable chips.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded and showed my hand.

Thanks for the feedback...

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing your hand in this situation will only encourage observant players to make plays at you. You will quickly become the target at the table, and rightfully so. Showing losing hands has to have some type of positive return. You can get this showing a bluff if you think it will put your opponent on tilt or get them to play at you. Showing this hand against this flop will encourage people to bully you. Even if you had the losing hand here, plenty of people will peg you as weak tight. It's better to just muck it and move on.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 PM

Hero can use this to his advantage though if he adjusts properly. If this laydown induces future bluffs from his opponents and he can recognize those bluffs, then he's created a new way to accumulate chips.

Of course, with the stack to blind ratio as it is, this probably won't come into play in this particular tournament.