Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Default common situation

a variation of this, is that one of the blinds is your main opponent. you've got the flush draw on the flop, and you beat the card thats not an ace on the flop. check the turn here everytime, or can you bet and fold to a chkraise to some opponents?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero ?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: common situation

Bet this. You're ahead more often than not. Charge him to hit a flush. If check-raised, I'd base my play on my read of the player....
Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM

I'm new to SH, so maybe my views aren't the most trustworthy. Still, hopefully I'll add something to the discussion =)

I see it as a clear bet. If you get raised, you have to consider if your opponent has an ace, if he's semi-bluffing/bluffing or if he really thinks his pair or sevens are goot.

edit: Well. I got beat to the point since I was playing HU with a friend.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM

With the flush draw there, I'm betting this the majority of the time. You can't really put CO on an A here too because most people would open raise with it PF (though you don't give any reads). You lose too much value from checking this turn through. Bet and call to a showdown if raised.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:23 PM

Bet and sans-read fold to a checkraise. Some opponents are aggressive enough that I need to get to showdown, either by calling a checkraise on the turn and calling a (hopefully non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) river, or by checking the turn and calling a river bet or betting the river if checked to.

But those are exceptions, I'm generally just betting this turn and kind of hoping CO just folds there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] People peel on the flop with all kinds of nonsense. I know I do.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:23 PM

Bet. As previously stated, most people wouldn't open-limp from the cutoff with an A.