Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: In Which EdFish Comes up for Air in NYC

[ QUOTE ]
Female Strippers will be mandetory of course, and I would expect a full trip report [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

clarified your post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 05:01 PM

come back soon Evan... you are SOOOO right!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Female Strippers will be mandetory of course, and I would expect a full trip report [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

clarified your post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say? I am PIMP baby... PIMP! In all seriousness.... it sounds like a plan no?

TT
Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Although not directed to me I can answer this as I have a bald smooth head [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I shave my head twice a week with a Mach 3 Turbo. I use Edge natural cool with Eucalyptus. I use Clinique after shave balm after I have washed off the shaving cream.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM

You know TT, you say this, but I just dont see the logic in sitting down with a bunch of 2+2ers in a LAGgy chipspewing fest. Call me a tightwad nit (and a lawyer too, thus confirming the hypothesis about nit-ism), but this sounds like a high-variance, high-frustration experience.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know TT, you say this, but I just dont see the logic in sitting down with a bunch of 2+2ers in a LAGgy chipspewing fest. Call me a tightwad nit (and a lawyer too, thus confirming the hypothesis about nit-ism), but this sounds like a high-variance, high-frustration experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd... all of us went home winners last week... and this week the same happened (Ed became a winner later in the evening). Don't knock it till you try it. You have nothing to fear except fear itself.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 06:51 PM

Gotta get the flame...
Old 03-20-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, don't fold overs getting 23:1 on a 9 high board against a live one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, as you know there are different types of live ones. I submit that this particular one was the type that when he limp-reraised pre-flop and raised the pre-flop cappers flop bet you could assuredly put on AA or KK. Now I could be wrong but that was my evaluation at the table. I would be curious whether the other 2+2ers who were at the table agree or disagrre with me on this. I don't play live too much so I may have been making a mistake of putting him on too narrow a range of hands. Now I ran some PokerStove numbers nd given a reasonable range of hands that GreyWolf and NJChick would just limp in with and then cold two cold on the flop, the best I could do in terms of pot equity on the flop was 3.5%. When you consider that I could be facing negative implied odds if I hit my hand I think that this is a fold, albeit a close one. Now, if you give the live one credit for a broader range of hands, even just adding in QQ and JJ, then I made a clear mistake as my equity jumps to around 9%. I would just reiterate my point that I would very rarely make this narrow a read against an online opponent but here I felt it was appropriate. Again I would be interested in whether the others there think I gave this person too much credit here.

Mind you, I am not saying that my flop bet doesn't suck. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont see the logic in sitting down with a bunch of 2+2ers in a LAGgy chipspewing fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need logic to play pink chip with a bunch of 2+2 LAGs?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 PM

running hot while donking around rules. especially at limit omaha.