Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 11:15 AM

Default Peace Activist Etiquette

With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists," who will try to convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror.

These activists may be alone or in a gathering..... most of us don't know how to react to them. So, when you come upon one of these people or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while they explains their views. Strike up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will tell you how revenge is immoral and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use many arguments, ranging from political, to religious, to humanitarian reasons.

2. In the middle of their remark, without any warning, PUNCH THEM IN THE NOSE!

3. Be careful! When that person gets up off the ground, they may try to hit you.

4. Very quickly and CALMLY remind that person that violence only brings about more violence and REMIND THEM of their stand on this matter. Tell them if they are really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, HIT THEM AGAIN! Only this time hit them HARDER, SQUARE IN THE NOSE!

7. Repeat steps 2-6 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid of an argument they are making.

Old 03-27-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Peace Activist Etiquette

Well, that's one way to go about it. LOL
Old 03-28-2003, 11:07 AM

'against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror.
'

i believe the ones responsible for 9-11 need to be tried in open court and hanged. so if it was you and me arguing, it would be over the evidence and who to hang, not the course of action.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:52 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

unless she's hot. then id ask her to go back to my place and burn her clothes as a statement for peace in a materialistic society of the US. then empathize how all that protesting is hard work and she should do 'something' to relax for awhile to take the edge off. after all, a pretty girl like that is giving up quite a bit being out there, isnt she? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

then afterward, id watch her try and find change in the ashes of her clothes for the busride home.

rodeo sex with a protester: at about 'that' time, yell, BOMB IRAQ!!! and see how long you can stay on.

well, off to clean another protester from my axles.

b
Old 03-31-2003, 05:58 AM

See, the problem is there's always someone like you around punching people for no good reason. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (I jest).

Your argument is fine for pacifism, but people are arguing about the specifics of Iraq, not war in general.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:12 AM

I'm still getting a bit of a giggle out of the "protestor" who was outside the Federal Courthouse in Tacoma yesterday. (Sunday, 30 March). He was chanting some silly thing about, "The judges will see, that the war must not be. We must not kill in order to be free." While I thought about punching him, I had to factor in the fact that he was stupid enough to not understand the courts weren't in session on a Sunday, there were no judges to be protested too and in fact, except for passers by on the street, his entire audience consisted of one bored security guard (watching PPV-sports) and two janitors waxing floors in the basement.
He wouldn't have been so sad if he hadn't printed up about fifty four color pamphlets to, "give to the judges and jurors as them enter or leave today", in order to convince them he was right.
Way to go guy.