Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: When will the cold streak end?

OK, sorry if this post came out wrong. I know this is standard variance. I wasn't wanting sympathy. Just talking about a bad run of tourney's over the last four days.

I posted some of these hands simply because they are bad beats. I chose them just to show how my "luck" has been running.

Yes, it is variance. Yes it is tough to deal with.

A couple days ago I said I would take two days off after the cold run started. Well, that didn't happen. Now I'm going to force myself to stop for a week.

When you run into the bad runs do you keep grinding away or walk away for a bit?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:59 PM

If I know it is variance and the way to beat variance is time so my natural inclination is to fire up another one right away. I'll sometimes take a break for half an hour or an hour or call it a day and start fresh the next day. I never take a week off because I'm running bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 PM

I think you're probably right. I should keep grinding. I'm very concerned about tilting as my attitude is pretty crappy regarding poker right now. Maybe just 24-48 hours would be better.

I've definitely found that stepping away from the tables and diving into my other hobbies has cleared the fog a lot.