Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Questions About InterPoker

Hi everybody,

I just signed up at InterPoker. But I have two questions before I deposit money there.

1) I have a US Dollar NETeller account, but the higher limit InterPoker Stud games are in Euros. How can I play in those games?

2) What is the rake structure in the Euros based Stud games? Specify in the €5 - €10 Stud game.

Thanks in advance to all who answer,
SlowStroke
Old 06-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Questions About InterPoker

Actually the biggest games are in British pounds exchanging at about $1.8 per pound vs. about $1.2 per euro... but no matter.

1)You pick what you want your standard currency to be when you sign up(some of the skins it is whatever currency is in your neteller acount). When you wish to play in a game different from that currency, it automatically exchanges it for you at fair market value for free and then when you leave the game it automatically exchanges it back at the same rate you bought in for (in the event the exchange rate changed since you sat down).

2) The ante structure at 5/10 is .50 ante and 2 bring in. I'm looking at the euro right now, but I believe it's the same for all currency's (the 2/4s are all the same structure)

One thing to keep in mind before you deposit money into InterPoker or any of the skins is that the use this company called ECashDirect to hold your money and you can't withdraw until you get a letter from them giving you a pin (takes about 6-10 business days). Also it costs $1 to withdraw.

It might be worthwile to play William Hill instead of (or along with) Inter (exact same games) because other than having an extra bonus (5 british pounds per hour, 5 per month or about $45 total) the blue back drop is not nearly as offensive to the eye as the red green and brown of Inter (plus the WH dealer has a snooty british accent)
Old 06-25-2005, 02:58 PM

Thank you very much, that helps a lot.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:19 PM

one thing I forgot to mention about Inter and skins is that bring in is not live......

If anyone happens to read this I'd like to hear other people's opinion about the dead bring in.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:05 PM

It looks like they do not give you a break on the rake when playing in a Euro or Pound based game.

The max rake in a Euro game is 3 (EUR) or about $3.60 (USD)

The max rake in a Pound game is 3 (GBP) or about $5.40 (USD)

Why don't players always play in the Dollar games where the max is $3 (USD)

Or do the other games get that much more action to compensate for the rake?
Old 06-26-2005, 01:41 PM

I've often wondered this myself...and thought it was a pretty good scheme on their part. My Inter bank roll isn't qute big enough to safely play much beyond 2/4, but I'm always watching the bigger games. The pound games often look easier than the dollar equivalents despite being nearly twice as big.

My experience on the limit, pot limit, and no limit holdem and limit stud tables is that after 9:00 pm ET games get tougher all around. I think it's because all the Europeans have gone to bed. Most of the Europeans want to play in the BP and Eu games and they're the big action givers at the site. For example the see flop % for 1/2 holdem games around 3m ET is usually between mid 40s and high 50s, but after ten is usually in high 20s low 30s..And stud seems to follow this trend but it's not as extreme. So, I think that generally the higher rake is made up for by the higher stakes and worse play and generally Europeans are the inferior players at Inter.