Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Handling reraises preflop (noob question)

[ QUOTE ]
Tilt: why do we wanna play this hand multiway if calling would get more people in? What am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I understand your question, but i'll take a stab at answering it anyway:

I think you are best off forcing out the higher flush draws if you can. There may be higher straight draws that you can get out as well, plus you might get rid of the two pair combos that you could wind up splitting the pot with.

But most importantly why I advocate pushing is that you really want to eliminate position as a factor in the hand. Also, there is a small chance that the raiser has kings and will fold. I hope no one will argue that that is absurd - I see it all the time - so I would not discount the possibility that there is some fold equity here.

Acesover8's makes a good point, in that calling means you pay 30% of your stack for the option of going all-in as a favorite on the flop. I just think without having done the math that 30% is too much for that. But calling has another effect, in that you may not be the only caller (though most times you will be). I think without position that I don't want to be multiway here since it will be near impossible to win the pot without a showdown in that scenario.