Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 10:37 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: DAMMIT

it was the first draft. i took alot of time thinking on it and typing it to get the wording how i wanted it. still pretty pissed about it.

im wondering if this happened to anyone else? it basically logged me off as i was posting. sucked all of the ethusiasm i had in this thread.

oh well, eventually i may get around to trying to re-articulate the post.

but i will say this, me and the others are talking apples and oranges. im stating it's possible, and can prove it's possible. cant prove anyone is doing it, per se. theyre arguing that it's not happening, with no solid proof. none. other than someones word. nothing personal, but that doesnt sway the pendulum in any way.

it may or may not be happening, no one can prove definitively either way. but the 'possibility' can be proven.

hey, thats a good start for me....

lets see if it posts this...

(still skeptical about writing a long and involved post only to see it poof again)

i havent even started on online BJ. well, i did in my original post. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

b
Old 04-16-2003, 10:51 AM

While it is true there can be no "proof" offered to show that these games are legit. The other posters hit it on the head when they said the pure economics of the game will FORCE it to be legit. If these companies behave rationaly they will not want to even think about cheating. The amount of money made by these sites is really really amazing when you think about it, and the gain from cheating is small. AND if there was ever any "proof" of cheating all profits go to zero. Cost -Benefit analysis suggests that there is just no way an online card room would take that risk
Old 04-16-2003, 11:04 AM

When I'm writing something of significant size to post on the internet, I always control+A, control+C before hitting post. Takes 1 second. I also learned that if I use proper punctuation/spelling/grammar, people may actually listen & respond to what I say instead of habitually blipping right past my posts because they're utterly incomprehensible.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:17 PM

Suggestion:
Write your posts in MS-Word (or whatever word-processor program you use) first, and then copy, paste and submit it when it’s ready to go. That way you are creating and editing locally, then posting to the internet. Connections, web pages, textboxes, form-submissions, etc. --crap-out all the time. Not to mention, it will get you to start using capital letters and good spelling).
[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2003, 07:58 PM

sometimes the money isnt enough. just ask Enron.

or martha stewart for that matter.

b
Old 04-16-2003, 08:00 PM

Default thanks for the suggestions

but i usually spell werds write, dont i? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

b

Old 04-17-2003, 02:36 AM

Default Protection

You shouldn't worry too much about losing that post, it must've been full of mistakes in any case. There's a special Sklansky software active here that scans previews. Anytime it comes across a post that's more than 75% wrong, it eliminates it from the known universe. No, it's true!

Proof: 99% of my posts disappear at the preview stage.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:34 AM

Default Re: on-line games

I've watched enough B&M dealers shuffle to be 99.9% certain that the cards have to be more randomized online.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:53 AM

Default Re: on-line games

And Mason and others should also realize that it's dangerous to assume that something is honest just because it's regulated.

The bigger sites rake enough money that it is in their best interests to keep the games honest. Now, does every business entity always operate in its own best interest? Of course not. The history of business is full of blunders.

However, the main sourse of revenue for online poker rooms is the US. Since the US government has enough bible-beaters who need very little additional motivation to do everything in their power to crush online gaming, it would seem incumbent on Paradise, Party, 'Stars and the lot to provide sufficient oversight to avoid the kind of open scandal that would give the regulators in DC the leverage they want to shut off our ability to play online.

In this case, I'm comfortable that regulation by market forces is sufficient that the bigger online sites are not going to sit by idly while somebody kills the goose that lays the golden egg.

The fact that Paradise (for example) stands to lose the $70,000 + they rake daily is a far better regulator than a bunch of bureaucratinc idiots in Washington.

I'm sorry, did I just go off on a libertarian rant [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2003, 08:57 AM

Enron? Enron??

Enron was in a totally regulated industry!!!

Yeah, government regulation really helps the consumer. The regulators were in on it!