Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:20 PM

Default 78s flops OESD - flop is capped

Live 3/6 hand

Table is full of loose players - somewhere in the middle of passive and aggressive. There has been some macho-man head to head stuff going on between some of these guys as a couple of them seem to know each other.

Hero has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

Pre-flop:

3 folds, MP calls, CO calls, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">SB bets </font>, Hero calls, <font color="red"> MP raises </font>, <font color="red"> CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="red"> SB caps </font>, Hero ?

If we're calling here, what's our plan for the turn? The same?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 78s flops OESD - flop is capped

Yeah, I guess I'm calling.

I'm not happy, though, and I sure hope someone else doesn't have the same damn hand I do. Being up against a set wouldn't be so great either. Also, I hope someone starts worrying about their kicker soon.

I'm planning to see the river, but I'm going to be really uncomfortable if the board pairs on the turn and the action remains heavy. I can imagine finding a turn fold if things really start looking ugly, but I'm not expecting to find that fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:40 PM

I'd probably puss out and fold, but...

...heck, I don't know.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:40 PM

Well you gotta call the flop IMO. On the turn if we hit, I'd start raising and never stop. If we miss and the board doesnt pair, call any number of bets you have to. If the board does pair, youll probably still be trapped in the middle, but I wouldnt be happy. If it was 2 bets to me on the turn after the board paired I'd drop it.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:41 PM

Call the flop, you have an equity edge there. Call the turn too unless it's something crazy like 3bet back to you on a paired board.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:45 PM

if there were a flush draw on the board we might be able to make some excuses to fold, but I think we've just got too big a piece of this board to fold.

If you call here the flop will be about 9 BB. Even if it just gets capped 3 ways on the turn we're not hurting too bad (putting in 4 bets for the 20BB-ish pot), but we can hope that the fourth guy will be there or it doesn't get capped again.

I don't think you'll get paid off too big if you hit but you only need a couple big bets at most to make it worthwhile.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:59 PM

Easy flop call. If everyone calls (the only person who might not is MP), you are getting 7:1 on your call. It appears you will extract a ton of bets if you hit, so you will make up for having to call 3 more sbs. But, like has been said, be careful if the board pairs.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i would certainly call and then reevaluate based upon the turn action. call as long as you have the odds but make sure to properly discount, if necessary, according to what the turn brings.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM

I think this is a pretty easy call. First, 4 ways we have an equity edge (slight though it may be).

There are 3 problems as I see it:
1) Someone has a set and therefore your equity drops because of the chances of them filling up. This doesn't concern me as much because with so many other players raising, I assume that some of their pairing outs are being held by other players.
2) You are drawing to a split. Quite possible, but no real reason to fear that yet. As it is, someone could conceivable be drawing to a worse straight. Anyway, maybe discount a little for that but no reason to worry yet.
3) This crap is going to keep going on the turn, and make seeing the river very expensive. Two things mitigate this somewhat: 1) with this much strength, people are probably going to calm down on the turn unless we've got set over set, and 2) if it is likely to go nuts again on the turn, you're looking at nice implied odds if you hit.

So I think we definetly call here for those reasons.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 PM

See ya at the river, boys.