Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Default too chicken?

BB is aggressive. Others are normal passive party players.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I really don't know what I was thinking here.

Final Pot: 26 BB
Old 11-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: too chicken?

yeah unless he has T2 you are fine.

oops, and a few more
Old 11-26-2005, 02:23 PM

Hands that beat you:

TT--SB only has this if he is a total idiot
QQ--Same
T9--It's possible but the turn would've been raised
TQ--Eh why wouldn't he raise the turn
T2--Doubtful

Hands that don't beat you:

AA--It's possible I guess.
KK--Same
AT, KT, JT--All possible

I have no idea what to do in this spot. If SB is loose and passive, then chances are he has something very, very good. No draws were completed on the river. Errrrgghhh I wish we had a read, but since I'm a LAG I 3-bet. If I'm capped I know I'm toast but call anyways.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:26 PM

are you sure T2 isn't likely? Trips with a worst kicker, lots of action, he might be playing scared with the bet and raise before him, seeing it as Tx.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:29 PM

Its fine IMO.
p.s. You was thinking "Sb just called me down and now raised river WTF? SUCK OUT? PLEASE NO THE POTS HUGE... OH PLEASE NO....."
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM

this is tough without a specific read.

He calls 2 cold on the turn and then raises the river when a blank falls, so its obvious he has a T (or is an idiot), the question is would he do this with less than a FH. There has been heavy action the whole way so far, and no reason for him to suspect you dont really have a ten. He could have just called the turn hoping BB 3 bet so he could keep his hand hidden. Youve also got 2 people in this hand on the river who called 2 cold, its pretty safe to assume they will call one more bet (maybe even 2) so you get some overlay.

the best play is prolly to 3 bet and fold to a cap, but the pot is sooo huge at that point, youd have to be pretty damn sure about a fold. I could never be that sure.

I shouldnt post hungover cuz all I do is ramble. I also dunno what I'd do. prolly call cuz I think hes got the FH, but 3 betting might be better.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Pump dat pot for Christ sakes. With three other people in the pot, your risking one bet when your ahead more than 50% of the time to win 3 BB. I don't slowdown to the river 3 bet.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 PM

IMO not 3-betting here is a very expensive mistake. Even HU it's an easy 3-bet, but you've also got the two guys in the middle who are absolutely crushed padding the pot for you.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:48 PM

Seems pretty chicken to me.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:50 PM

I hadn't read your post before I replied, Alobar, but I'm surprised that you think it's close? I'd estimate that this is a slowplayed turned straight or slowplayed AT-style hand at least half the time at 1/2. Would you disagree with this?