Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:45 PM

Default ew

only read is CO, who is a loose tag.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

edit - i never give explanations for why i play hands the way i did and i'm going to start trying to do so.

so no pf cap because i'm iffy about my equity after a 3bet, i'm OOP, and i want to see what TAG does. even though he's a little LAG i can really narrow his range by his reaction the 3bet.

the flop - i don't know - i think there's a small chance i'm still ahead and if i'm not i have set outs (although they may be tainted) plus a couple of BD draws.

turn - it's less likely he has a king now and i'm hoping for a free SD.

river- don't think i'm good here
Old 08-04-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: ew

I always raise this preflop. The rest of the hand I have no idea what to do, possibly raise the turn and try to knock out CO, and pray for no A to hit on the river.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:55 PM

I know you're feeling iffy about capping there preflop, but it makes the hand so much easier to play, so I'd do it. The way you played it, you're in a shitty situation and have to check-call a lot
Old 08-04-2005, 04:56 PM

I go ahead and cap PF. UTG folding is good, and there is a chance that CO folds to if he was raising light and is a semi tag hes capable of going folding.

I get scared of a turn check through here. I dont like donk betting in this spot the way youve played the hand, cuz no one will believe you have the K, but I also still dont think it gets raised by a hand that you beat, so you can still safely fold to a raise.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:56 PM

I cap that in a second preflop for value, you have the 4th best hand in hold em I dont think its close. Hopefully also capping will eliminate utg. The way you played it I would have wanted to get showdown until the river and would have folded as well.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:59 PM

I agree with baronzeus. The thing is, if you raise this preflop and lead at the flop, you have a better idea of where you are based on whether you are raised on the flop or not. On the flop, you have 2nd pair and that's not a horrible place to be. You have shown strength nowhere in the hand, so there was no opportunity for an A other big card hand to really fold.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM

A few changes I'd make. Preflop you really do have to cap this. Had it been strictly you, CO, and button then I could see a cold call because your equity edge might be smaller. With 5 people though, your equity is too big to miss getting another 4SB in the pot to your 1.

The way you played it, hard to find a line I like. In a smaller pot, a flop c/r would be nice but here you really can't protect your hand since it's already well inflated. I vote for a flop call as well.

When the second K hits and no one has shown aggression to the first one, I think Button will bet nearly any hand that he'd autobet on the flop. That means a lower PP, AQ, AJ, and AT are all still reasonable possibilities. I like your thought about trying for a free SD, but with this pot, I think a turn c/r might be an aggressive but decent line. It will charge 2BB to the rest of the field, giving you a nice overlay, and it might force the button to fold a hand that has live outs. Thoughts?

Again, the way you played I'd fold this river too. Can't seem him betting the river with anything you beat into 3 other people.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:44 PM

I think you are better off leading the flop.