Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 06:20 PM

Default WD-40 please.. (party 5/10)

UTG in this hand is 16/11/1.8 34WTSD after like 3000 hands.
This feels squeaky tight to me. Opinions?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Donger is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donger 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Donger folds.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: WD-40 please.. (party 5/10)

I raise this.. you also have a backdoor flush and a backdoor straight.. I would go for a free river or free showdown, depending on the turn.. and if I got three-betted on flop, I would call and then fold turn...
Old 08-01-2005, 06:24 PM

16/11 guys aren't that creative so I like your fold. I just need to do it some more. You might, might, be able to make a thin peel closing the action here with your set/backdoor draw outs +implied odds though.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Im definatley peeling with all the backdoor draws you have. I see alot of people donk with small pairs when the ace falls trying to shut you out and then give up once you call. I may even raise the flop to get a free card and call unimproved on the river but if you have a read that he would never bet the river without an ace than its an easy fold. I dont like folding on the flop for sure.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im definatley peeling with all the backdoor draws you have.

[/ QUOTE ]
"All those backdoor draws"? Other than our one card backdoor straight, we have a jack high one card backdoor flush draw. How exciting is that really? The K, Q and A of that suit are still unaccounted and our opponents look to be holding high cards if we are behind, so it is quite possible that our runner runner flush isn't even good if it hits.

[ QUOTE ]
I see alot of people donk with small pairs when the ace falls trying to shut you out and then give up once you call

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has nines or tens he flopped a set. How many smaller pairs do you really think a guy with pfr 11 is raising UTG?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im definatley peeling with all the backdoor draws you have. I see alot of people donk with small pairs when the ace falls trying to shut you out and then give up once you call. .

[/ QUOTE ]

You say "a lot of people," but this isn't a lot of people, this guy is a stone-cold nit.

My reasoning here was that on this board, I'm dead against this guy's UTG raising hands. He could either have a big ace or medium-large pocket pair. With the 9 &amp; T on board, all of the pocket pairs I was beating preflop are now sets, and any Ace has me rocked as well. It feels weird to 3-bet and then fold, but I think i'm drawing extra-thin in this case.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM

I think it is an easy fold, HU i would give it a thought.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:22 PM

Oh get out of there. This is perfect.

You're backdoor draws are suspect, since if he has a heart it's better than yours, and you aren't getting any real action if you hit your straight. Zero chance of a semibluff, either.

These are the hands where you make the money of the 16/11/1.8's
Old 08-01-2005, 07:49 PM

I can't feel my hand is good here against a player like UTG, especially with an overcall from the CO. Even the backdoor draws are really weak, so I think this is a clear sigh and fold spot.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 PM

You all think just because he is a rock he will try to shut you out with the big ace. I think it is a suspect bet and you have the best hand some of the time I need some evidence of fastplaying before I give up on the flop. If he is really a nit then raise the flop take the free card and fold unimproved on the river. Any k, q 7 j 8 heart all improve your hand. I think its weak tight to fold on the flop.