Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Hypothetical Situation

$100NL 6-max game

You are in the BB with 67suited. Folded to button who raises to $3. You think about 70% of the time, he is does not have a suitable raising hand, and is just trying to take the blinds. The SB folds. You know that if you reraise here, the player is smart enough to know that you are probably reraising light to counter his probable blind steal. What is your play? Fold, call or raise? If raise, how much?

Let's say you call. Flop is K 6 4 rainbow. You know that if you check, he will bet 90% of the time, whether or not you are beat. What is your play? Bet, check-call or check-raise? Why?

CF
Old 09-08-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical Situation

If villain thinks I am doing a double-steal then I won't try it without the goods. I will call however too see it I hit a flop.

On the latter scenario, if I think I have the best hand here I will CR it and I have done this before, even without middle pair.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 AM

I've had pretty bad results trying to get FPSy 3 betting sc's oop, then learned why it sucks to play a raised pot oop with a drawing hand the hard way.

on flops like that, I think check-call then leading turn will work decent.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:35 AM

if button is doing this raise fairly often, I call here and lead any flop.

i check raise the flop if I hit a piece and he is perennial blind stealer and flop autobetter.

make sure you don't do this move too often. you only need it to work a few times to counter the times you just give up your big blind.

if you are going to reraise preflop, I would rather do it with a hand that had no value like 92.