Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone Else Rooting for Mike?

As I'm sure many do, I like the underdog. Before the poker explosion a couple years ago, the underdogs were the unknowns amateurs, the internet qualifiers... now that the pros are outnumbered 10:1 (or more depending on your definition of pro), The Mouth IS the underdog- Finish it, Mikey!!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:08 PM

I don't know how some of you can criticize Mike for showing his emotions. Him crying last year should tell you how passionate he is about poker and how he wants to win as much as anyone, if not more. Sure he has his bad boy moments, but he is human. I love watching him play and want him to win.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:15 PM

A post I made on July 5th regarding what 2+2ers would be in the ME this year, indicated my feelings for Mr. Matusow at that point in time.

[ QUOTE ]
GL all.

I'll be the tall, handsome guy punching Matusow in the neck and hitting on Scotty Nguyen's new trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since then, however, I have discovered his subtle genius (or perhaps, I've just lightened up). Even in this country, where changing your mind is a mortal sin ... I have changed mine.

Sure Matusow's a jerk, but he's classic, and he's fun to watch. With Raymer gone, I'm rooting for The Mouth.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how some of you can criticize Mike for showing his emotions. Him crying last year should tell you how passionate he is about poker and how he wants to win as much as anyone, if not more. Sure he has his bad boy moments, but he is human. I love watching him play and want him to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason why I want him to lose! Oh the drama he will create! Last year he blamed God when the flush came to knock him out....imagine if he loses boat vs quads!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:32 PM

Default More Mike

Date / Time: 2005-07-09 22:47:00

Log: Matusow limps in, and now the player in seat 7 makes it 1900 to go. Matusow reraises all-in for his last $11,700. The raiser beats him into the pot. Matusow shows 3-3, while his opponent has Q-Q. The board comes A-3-7-4-8, Matusow doubles up before saying "Lotta skill in poker, boys. All skill. Lotta skill." He then he goes on to recount the hand, call himself a donkey, and reminsce about the days when he "used to be a pretty good poker player."
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM

Here's Greg Raymer's opinion on this whiny bitch:

[ QUOTE ]
However, I think it would probably not be good for the game if he won this title. I do not want the young kids who are taking up the game, and who will be joining me at the tables when they turn 21 to think that trash-talking and ranting are the way it should be. I truly do not dislike Mike at all, I just think he needs more impulse control, and I do not want him to be the role model for all the young players entering the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who else is there to root for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. He's a human being, and he's fallible like the rest of us. Bottom line he tries to create more of an edge for himself sometimes. I suspect he'd carry himself quite well as the world champ.. G/L Mike!
Old 07-15-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy has no character

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you need to go listen to Phil Gordon's podcasts.