Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu vs. Joe Cassidy tonight

I'm going to make the assumption Cassidy is one of those really good limit players who's playing large stakes and we've only heard about him from those 2 TV appearances.

I was honestly surprised Cassidy was this well-funded and supposedly that damn good at HoldEm
Old 05-24-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from negreanu's forum: "Daniel loses a monster pot with KJ diamonds. DN flops a flush. 5 bets go in on the turn. River was a diamond and Joe had AA with a diamond."

i'm guessing cassidy's up a bit at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, daniel is getting outdrawn

[/ QUOTE ]

How does AA outdraw another hand? If anything DN outdrew him with a lucky flop and cassidy caught up with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the betting was done when Cassidy was a 4-to-1 underdog, not when Danny N was. So yes, AA outdrew.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:04 AM

Hi goofball:

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing I love abotu the poker room at Wynn is that they change the setup precisely once perday (as opposed to the bellagio which does it a LUDICROUS once per hour).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The reason to change decks every hour is to discourage those unethical people who might want to mark cards since it probably takes an hour or so to get the deck set up.

I didn't realize they only change the decks once per day, but if that't the case in my opinion it needs to be.

bewt wishes,
Mason
Old 05-24-2005, 08:45 AM

does anyone know what limits he usually plays? i often hear of him as being a high limit player but never hear specifics. im fairly sure he dosent play the big game but dont know much else.
matty
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM

If I'm playing for that kind of money, I'd want it away from the rail, too. The last thing you want is somebody on the rail taking off your cards and flashing them to your opponent. I have heard very credible stories of this happening, for less money, too.

The setup thing is also kind of scary, though I bet you can request a new setup if you spot a bad card, though real markings are impossible to see these days.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:00 PM

I understand the reason for changing decks, but a new deck every dealer down (new setup every hour) strike me as unnecesary overkill. YOu can always ask fro a new setup if you find a marked card, but every time the dealer sits down and either has to spread a new deck or wait for a new setup I just see money flyign out of my pocket. Especially in the time charge 30 and 80 games where you're just getting fewer hands per dollar paid. I certainly believe the EV loss waiting for constant deck changes is signficantly higher changing setups every hour than effect of someone markign cards if the decks were changed say every six hours.
I understnad if there are objections to Wynn only making the change once per day and, while I like it I wouldn't mind a compromise at the frequency stated above or even a frequency double that.

Yes sucker, of course you can ask for a setup change if you find a fouled card. Also, I bleive these headsup challenges DN has been doing have a huge potential promotional benefit for the room (similar to the horseshoe all those years ago), and that's obviosuly one of the reasons they are happening. They lose a lot of value in that respect if people can't watch. Also, if this was a huge concern, there are only a couple of places to stand to even have a chance at picking up cards (when there are only two players at the table). You could always make those particular spots off limits.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:56 PM

Well said goofball.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:50 PM

update time b1tches.

daniel down to 50k due to being continually being outdrawn yet again.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:00 AM

Limit heads up seems to be predominately about catching your cards (at least from reading these reports)

How long until we see a heads up O/8 match or something like that?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 AM

It's over, Joe Cassidy wins.

-Travis