Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you left or Right handed?
Left handed 50 27.32%
Right handed 122 66.67%
Ambidextrous 11 6.01%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: How much did you win/lose in your first year?

Interesting that this was posted today.
I started playing seriously April 1, 2004. Some time in Feb i made my first deposit of 50, and lost it playing 25NL. Some time later a friend bought in and used me as his referrer. Got my 50$, dicked around and really didnt make or lose much of anything. I dont know if April 1 was the exact date, but thats what i've been telling people who ask me. That is when i bought a few books, (supersystem, low limit hold'em, caros book of tells) learned not to see 40% of the flops, and started grinding at .5/1.

Early July i got bored and cashed everything out and quit until I think September, it was a solid 3 months of no poker. At that point I was up about 5500. about 1500 from .5/1, 2000-2500 from 25NL and 50NL, the rest from SNGs and multis. I really didnt have a regular game, I was just playing whatever i felt like.

When i came back in september I learned about bonus whoring and racked up a whole lot of money very quickly. By Jan 1 05 i broke 10,000. Early Jan I learned about multi-monitoring and rakeback and began grinding the limits. All of March I've been 12 tabling 3/6 as a part time job, and just last night I broke 18k total profit.

If I had a friend tell me about bonus whoring, multimonitoring, and rakeback since day 1 of my online play, I am very confident that I could have broken 50k my first year.

So the # of people who are 50k+ doesnt surprise me. Im sure some are lying, but its not unbelievable at all.

I guess technically I busted one time. I dont know if I count my first 50$ as a bust or not though. More like buying into a 50$ live game and losing.
Havent busted since then.

50$-18000+$ mmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]