Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:17 AM

Default couple of paired board hands

both are 15/30

4handed

I raise UTG with QQ tight/passive 24/2/1.5 cold calls both blinds call.

flop comes J44 I bet tight/passive calls

Turn comes K I check tp bets

river is a blank I check tp bets I?

2nd hand

10 handed 15/30

I post in CO MP limps I check my 66 both blinds call.

flop comes QQ4 2 clubs checked to me and I bet loose/passive 30/9/1 (likes to raise the turn occassionally) calls

turn is a 3 he checks i check? I should bet this right.

river comes 5 he checks I bet he calls
Old 10-25-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: couple of paired board hands

I bet both of those turns.

blake
Old 10-25-2005, 05:31 AM

I would bet both these turns.

Hand 1 I think you should bet the river as he is likely to value bet his Kx hands, but will just call with AJ, QJ etc. I wouldn't feel confident folding the river so I prefer to just do a classic OOP value bet.

Hand 2, you say LP likes to raise the turn -- if he will occasionally do this on a bluff or bottom pair then I can see an argumant for your line. Otherwise just bet/fold turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 AM

Hand 1: If you are going to check-call the turn then you need to call this river. Donking the river is also a possibility as the TP might be coldcalling with Ax or a small PP that he might check behind on the river. He didn't coldcall with a 4, so you are only worried about a K, which he probably doesn't raise enough on the river. You can probably fold to a raise, anyway from this player.

Hand 2: I raise this PF if you are going to post. I think you need to bet-fold the turn with a PP < 99. Checking with a 99-JJ is OK. If you have ever seen him bluff CR the turn then I check the turn and call any river.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:20 AM

In the first hand I think you should keep firing including the river because it is an easy fold to a raise against a passive once the K hits the board.

In the second hand your way is fine and bet-folding the turn is fine also, it all depends on how likely you think he is to checkraise the turn. Against a chronic turn checkraiser I think bet and call down is better.

Cartman
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet both of those turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially the second one. i wouldnt be surprised if he calls down with A high here.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:29 PM

i think checking the turn in the first hand is a huge problem. hes a tight passive so you have little fear of being bluffraised. i think youre forced to call the river after he bets it because he could easily be betting a jack assuming you have like TT.

in the second hand i think i like a turn bet but only if you feel comfortable folding to a checkraise. i often check behind on these turns when i think i might be bluffcheckraised but that might be a leak of mine. if the risk of a checkraise isnt that great, you are probably losing alot of value against ace high or a hand with 6 outs that would fold.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM

Hand 1 you have to call, but I'd bet the turn.
Hand 2 bet the turn.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:45 AM

1st hand I just dont think he is betting a worse hand on the river, most of these type of weak/tight players will check behind here with a worse hand.

I probably should have bet the turn as the double check will only allow him to valuebet a AJ QJ type hand, I dont think he bets a PP on the river. I hoped to induce a bluff from a PP and expected him to check behind on the river fearing he was beat.

I figure I'm only ahead of AJ QJ when he bets the river and behind a lot but I guess my turn weakness means I have to call. He turned over KJs.

2nd hand was very weak/tight from me this guy would call with a flushdraw a pair of 4s and maybe a biggish ace. He turned over A9 of clubs.