Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: i openlimp on the button with Axo

[ QUOTE ]
If you are stealing sufficiently, this wont happen. My opponents dont know if I have A4, J8, Q5s, KQ or 22. If they constantly fold when an ace flops, you should be stealing even more. Huge profit there.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine, its right that if they fold alot postflop with an ace hits that i should steal alot. THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHEN I HAVE Ax. if i raise with Ax and an ace flops and they check fold thats clearly bad. NOT GOOD.

the reason why i said what i said is because you made a comment just like this in another thread of mine where your logic was entirely irrelevant. it just bothered me.

i then told you it didnt make sense and you defended your stance. maybe im irritated over nothing but i was irritated.

your post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:33 AM

I find it strange how you dont expect your opponents to quickly notice that you are raising with K8 on the button but not A8.

As for that other post, you wanted a reason to 3bet. I assumed you wanted a reason other than the plainly obvious one of getting bets in with the best hand, so I gave you another one. If you dont understand certain aspects of game theory, that's not my problem, it's yours.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:37 AM

k seriously dont reply to my threads anymore.

good luck in life.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:39 AM

I'll stop responding when you stop posting 4 hands a day, 2 of which contain poor reasoning.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 AM

Stop being an idiot Tstone. Your reasoning was wrong. Not only was it wrong it was ass backwards. If you can't take criticism this is the wrong forum for you.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems uncalled for.

On a different note, HPFAP talks about why limping from the button with ace rag is right against loose blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh really, i didnt know that. do you happen to know what chapter it was in? ive read the book i just dont remember that but would like to review it.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:55 AM

first of all, tstonembd is a good poster and player and if he does something there is good reason for it. oversimplifying things will do nothing to help your case bright.

second of all, tstone i think you are overreacting to bright's posts a little bit.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are stealing sufficiently, this wont happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem in this thread is that the above is al well and good, but that's not what's happening. TStone is reporting that when the flop comes A-high and he bets people fold. Therefore, telling him to steal more is nice, but that doesn't help him much for this hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 AM

Why arent you check/folding this flop you have nothing against a passive player.

Mixing a few limps into your preflop play is fine but following up with dumb postflop play like this isnt.

The good thing about limping on the button is being able to steal a small pot when everyone misses, but when someone bets, odds are you are behind and with a crappy hand like A4o you arent drawing to much so just fold it.

Cant win every pot.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:14 AM

I like raising preflop more here because I'd rather have it headsup with a loose passive then 3-way with A4o.

Postflop seems fine I guess. I'd just fold though. Did you consider checking behind on the turn and inducing?