Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I folded, and some other dude capped behind me, the original raiser called the 2 extra bets and the other guy called for a 3-way capped pot.

Flop was Q3A.... This annoyed me, but I figured I'm still way behind to AQ, QQ, AA... a pantload of betting ensued, this made me think I made good laydown.

Turn was another Ace... again a pantload of betting ensued and I figured for sure someone had AQ now.

River....ACE... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

WTF!!!!!!

The pot ended up to be about 22BB's from what I remember and both the original raiser and the 3-bettor had a showdown.

Original UTG raiser had...... get ready..... 22. Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.

I almost broke something.

3-bet with QJ off. I don't even PLAY THIS HAND from EP. EVER.

Anyway, my session was about break-even for 350 hands so I wasn't that upset.

I guess I will just always cap AKoff preflop even disregarding the fact that someone in UTG+1 has the balls to 3-bet the UTG raiser?

That was my problem. If the raise was from MP, and the 3-bet a couple spots later, I cap this or at least call. But seeing a 3-bet from UTG+1 at a full ring table is pretty scary.

Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown. That's right, UTG called down with 22 against 2 opponents on this board....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you cap with AK. Lesson learned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah see I don't agree with this. This will happen so rarely that it doesn't solely justify capping PF with AK. I'm not mad that 3 aces came off and I would have won, I'm mad that these guys bet me out with crap hands. I'm upset that they got me to fold a great hand. This IS part of my learning process.

From now on I will be less respectful of a 3-bet from UTG+1.

I guess what angers me is that my read was wrong. Now that I think about it, I just played the hand very poorly. A raise from UTG could be anything like KQ, AQ, AJ, ATs maybe...
and the 3-bet from UTG+1 could be AQ, AK (as well), AJ, maybe KQs, and possibly TT as well as JJ-AA.

AK is still ahead of several of these hands. I f**ked up and have moved on. I'll try not to let it happen again.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah see I don't agree with this. This will happen so rarely that it doesn't solely justify capping PF with AK. I'm not mad that 3 aces came off and I would have won, I'm mad that these guys bet me out with crap hands. I'm upset that they got me to fold a great hand. This IS part of my learning process.

From now on I will be less respectful of a 3-bet from UTG+1.

I guess what angers me is that my read was wrong. Now that I think about it, I just played the hand very poorly. A raise from UTG could be anything like KQ, AQ, AJ, ATs maybe...
and the 3-bet from UTG+1 could be AQ, AK (as well), AJ, maybe KQs, and possibly TT as well as JJ-AA.

AK is still ahead of several of these hands. I f**ked up and have moved on. I'll try not to let it happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been more clear. When I said lesson learned it had nothing to do with the outcome of the hand. Neither the outcome of the hand nor the board are relevant AT ALL. I meant that there are VERY few situations where you want to fold AK.

You should have capped and by folding, you sacrificed one of the times you would have "won more than your fair share". The lesson is don't fold AK in situations like this (which you already know now).
Old 11-11-2005, 05:33 PM

and where exactly was this 1/2 full game?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought about equity? You'll be at least three handed on the flop. Which is awesome considering you may have over cards to pocket pairs (so you're getting 2-1 on a 40-60 deal?) or have another A dominated. When you hit you can extract as they will be drawing very thin, and if you don't hit you can be pretty assured that you are behind and you can get out for cheap. You're only problems come if one of these guys has AA and you spike a pair or KK and you spike a K. What else are you worried about?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: I folded AKo preflop

[ QUOTE ]
this thread will be unneccesarily long

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and where exactly was this 1/2 full game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party. Where else..
Old 11-11-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The prophecy has come to pass.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I crazy?

I lectured them both before folding and said "Alright guys, we better see a showdown. I want to see your cards..." Then folded with like 2 seconds left.

I don't like playing AKo to three bets. Am I crazy? Do you guys cap this or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are either crazy or stupid for saying that part.

"GUYS YOU ARE MAKING ME A WEAK TIGHT NINNY PLZ SHOW ME YOUR HANDS"

Because your brain was telling you "But AK is a drawing hand, it only hits the flop 1/3 of the time, most of the time I'll lose all this money and I don't like losing money even if I'll win more from it in the long run. I'll fold here, they'll show AK and QQ and I'll look like a genius on twoplustwo!"

"...22 and QJ, I feel dumb."
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to quote this to reiterate my previous 'miles is the king' statement.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I crazy?

I lectured them both before folding and said "Alright guys, we better see a showdown. I want to see your cards..." Then folded with like 2 seconds left.

I don't like playing AKo to three bets. Am I crazy? Do you guys cap this or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are either crazy or stupid for saying that part.

"GUYS YOU ARE MAKING ME A WEAK TIGHT NINNY PLZ SHOW ME YOUR HANDS"

Because your brain was telling you "But AK is a drawing hand, it only hits the flop 1/3 of the time, most of the time I'll lose all this money and I don't like losing money even if I'll win more from it in the long run. I'll fold here, they'll show AK and QQ and I'll look like a genius on twoplustwo!"

"...22 and QJ, I feel dumb."

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, cool it. It's not your F***in money... jeez.

Go back to your 100/200 table, king.