Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-08-2005, 04:48 PM

Default I am a PLO fish

100PLO. Bunch of people limp, I raise pot to 7-8 in LP with AQxKQs. A few limpers call, then someone reraises pot to 50ish and the rest fold to me.

Why is this hand such a dog to AAxx? Is it an easy muck? I got all-in as a 73/27 underdog, which as I understand is horrible HU in PLO. I am a massive fish.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: I am a PLO fish

[ QUOTE ]
100PLO. Bunch of people limp, I raise pot to 7-8 in LP with AQxKQs. A few limpers call, then someone reraises pot to 50ish and the rest fold to me.

Why is this hand such a dog to AAxx? Is it an easy muck? I got all-in as a 73/27 underdog, which as I understand is horrible HU in PLO. I am a massive fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part when somebody reraises big in PLO8 they have AAxx and a hand like the one you are holding is worse than having a hand like 6789 against AAxx. With your hand it's an easy muck.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is this hand such a dog to AAxx?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reason you'd rather have 89s in holdem than KK, if you are against AA. But magnified. A doublesuited wrap has four cards to make two pair with instead of two cards to make two pair with and one card to make a set, along with way more straight and flush possibilities, in part because even if you have other broadway cards with your paint pair, he has two of your straight outs. Versus AA, the questions isn't how good your hand is now, but how frequently do you improve to beat one pair.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM

You need as many chances to improve here as possible. Having a pair is a liability, not an asset.