Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 PM

Default KTo is the nuts! (Party 500k hand)

We're just past the bubble, and they're dropping like flies, like 330 left. There is a lot of context to this hand. I have been going nuts raising at this table since there were like 600 players, raising about 4x a round. If not for losing a coinflip, I'd have almost double what I have at this point. The player 2 to my left is an absolute little girl, weak-tight, stalling, scared player. Basically the perfect person to put 2 to my left. Everyone on the table knows this, and has joked with him about folding every hand for the last 8 rounds, and taking his time bank every time.

Last round, I had 25 bbs, and open pushed from the button, with 72o when the SB had 5 big blinds, and the BB had 3 big blinds. The SB then whined in the chatbox about how he was going to push his rags there because he knew BB would fold. He knew I had trash, but simply couldn't call probably cause he had something like 72o too. So we both know that we are watching the table. He seems pretty good overall as well, and was fairly aggro on the shortstack.

Anyways, he doubles up a few hands later (the SB) and this is the next round on my button.

Blinds are 500/1000, I have 25k ish, the SB has like 14k, and the BB has something like 4k. Remember he won't call/push without a premium hand- and he may even fold AK. He is a total joke.

Folds to me, and I min raise with KTo, cause I figure it's the cheapest way to steal, since there is no way BB is coming along. Then the SB ruins my plans and pushes. BB takes his usual 15 seconds, and folds.

I move my mouse to fold, then I start thinking. I have a real bad hand. KTo is garbage. But, would the SB push any 2 here? I think for about 15 seconds, realize I'm getting trivially bad odds, but call anyway.

Thoughts?

EDIT: The numbers may be a little off since it's from memory, but thats the basic hand.