Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Movie
Crash 17 70.83%
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Was Scalf Referring to Blacks in These Posts?

[ QUOTE ]
You've sidestepped my question, typical. Apparently the only way to clear up the waters is to agree with your viewpoint. What I'm observing here is someone, namely you, who actually holds the bias that blacks tend to do things slowly and w/o regard to accuracy or completeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't sidestep your question my equestrian named friend. I choose not to answer it because I do not deem you worthy of my logical discourse. I don't wish to educate you. You can remain as intelligent as you are right now. I just don't care about YOUR misconceptions. Savvy?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Another non answer, typical. The answer is that you can't show how the statement in and of itself is biased against blacks unless you really believe that the statement is a characterization of blacks.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:51 PM

give us a break Tom. the LaKeisha reference (which you conveniently left out) was clearly meant to connect the statement to black people.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 PM

Ok Lakeisha is a name probably associated with a black woman but not necessarily. I think the statement itself shows bias against some group but I sure don't want to make the leap that it's anti-black since I might have to defend that conclusion (like the guy with clown in his handle couldn't do). I sure wouldn't want to do it based on the name Lakeisha but that's me heh.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Lakeisha is a name probably associated with a black woman but not necessarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop, Shecky. You're cracking me up. Milk just came out of my nose.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 PM

Why do you think scalf entitled his post "LaKeisha at check-out counter?" Did he mean to suggest that the check-out person was a Swede?

I've asked him twice what cultural group he was referring to and he has refused to answer the question. In his other post, he talked about the "true colours" of the looters. Again, was he referring to Scandanavians?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Lakeisha is a name probably associated with a black woman but not necessarily. I think the statement itself shows bias against some group but I sure don't want to make the leap that it's anti-black since I might have to defend that conclusion (like the guy with clown in his handle couldn't do). I sure wouldn't want to do it based on the name Lakeisha but that's me heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay amigo, you've begged enough for my attention. I will explain this slowly so you can u n d e r s t a n d. Let's look at a quote from your hero:

"same people a few years ago in l.a. were outraged that a repetitve dui, drugee, who lead police on a dangerous long chase was mistreated by police;...so it was this same race that felt it was appropriate to stop drivers ofanother race; drag them from their truck and beat them nearly to death...and of course loot and steal; "to get revenge"..again with no shame or regard for other people or their property rights..."

I won't expect you to know what he's talking about, because it's not spelled out in an abc format (though I'm not sure even that would help.)

What he is referring to is the Rodney King incident that lead to riots in Los Angeles (that's in California-- just in case you didn't know.) You see, this "culture", was African Americans who were extremely disgruntled by the not guilty verdict in the abusive police officers' trial, and they rioted in the streets of LA-- and in the process assaulted a Caucasian truck driver named Reginald Denny. (Do you seriously not know of this?!)

Let's do some math [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1. "same people a few years ago in l.a. were outraged that a repetitve dui, drugee, who lead police on a dangerous long chase was mistreated by police"

These "same people" people were African Americans. Rodney King and members of the black community were outraged by the not guilty verdict of the white police officers who beat Rodney King.

2. "...so it was this same race that felt it was appropriate to stop drivers ofanother race; drag them from their truck and beat them nearly to death"

Once again, "same race" = African Americans
"drivers of another race" = Reginal Denny = Caucasians

Knowing that the comments pertained to Rodney King and the LA riots, should be enough to show you the way. However, I don't want to make such assumptions when dealing with you.

So you see, anyone with average intelligence and 3rd grade reading skills can understand what race was being referred to here. And once you know who he was writing about, you can see the racism in his keystrokes. Do you now understand, good buddy?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:16 PM

After a few threads that he made in OOT any respect I had for him dissapated, and now I just ignore his ignorant ass. I NEVER open up a thread that he starts, regardless of what its title is.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:30 PM

of course he is. so what? he's a bigot or racist. Having this particular debate does nothing but fall into his lame trap. No need to let him set the agenda when we all know what the deal is.

The problem as I see it, is that it is very difficult for white people to have an honest discussion about the problems in the black community (and there are many) while avoiding scalf like statements.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:47 PM

Of course he was referring to blacks. He's a racist and a bigot.

Anyone who got the inference is also a racist and a bigot. You probably don't realize that you are as such or won't admit it. At least you reckognize that it is wrong to be a racist and bigot so you delude yourselves into thinking you're not.

Stu