Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 09:34 PM

Default rJ\'s Farewell....cant stand the crap in here.

Anyone remember the day that 2+2 was proud to be an affiliate free site? Those who have great powers that include their names being highlighted in red used to tell us they were above affiliate banners and would not accept them.

Oh, the good old days.

I will be taking a break from the zoo for a while. The things that drove me here and steered me from the dark side (rgp) are now taking over here.

Im all for smilies cutting people in half, and a good hearted flaming, but when you have idiots attacking new posters like what some said about JHE combined with the relentless spam and no way to filter it out it becomes too much. OC and Fishy were painful but at least tolerable, up until recently. I thank god for all of you staying that fishy has said he is leaving.

Maybe if Simon throws up a message/forum board on his site i would be happy to set up shop there. Also if it is ok, i would still like to play in the Zoo tournies even though i wont be a zoo contributor unless the place shapes up. I will likely continue to lurk every now and then so pm me if you like.

To all those who are going to say "good who cares." Well if you didnt say it then the farewell just wouldnt feel complete.

rJ
Old 06-17-2003, 09:48 PM

Default Re: rJ\'s Farewell....cant stand the crap in here.

hey LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 PM

Rusty BYE~!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:08 PM

You are most welcome to participate in KotZ events, and I hope you can return soon.

As for a messageboard on my site - I'll look into it if I ever manage to get reconnected at home!

Simon
Old 06-17-2003, 10:09 PM

Like ACR/Oddstipset, Poker Scene, Highlands, and MS Sunshine playing on the same table as his wife on Stars, this whole affiliate spamming thing will blow over.

Publicly quitting the Zoo over this is both rash and overly dramatic. JMHO.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:24 AM

What Jek said.

Hang around on the rail Rusty, as soon as the spammers realize that they will get nothing by spamming here they will go to somewhere more beneficial to them (I would recommend up their own A$$ or back to the murky theiving holes they crawled from)

I'd encourage people not to even go and take a peek at anything these morons mention, keep the hits to their sites at a minimum.

Individuals without their own site should be ignored (After a quick hour of telling them to go and die of course)

Lori
Old 06-18-2003, 08:17 AM

I think mat should give some of us Admin rights to delete threads that are crap, there are many people who are here a long time that can be trusted. Even If I dont have the longevity, HomerJ--Jimbo-Lorinda-MS-Granny etc....one of those should have the right.

A forum by the people and for the people! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 08:21 AM

The problem is that spammers do get people by posting here, there are many people that are not too savy or just dont realize they shouldnt join through sites that promote/spam here. Spam works because of the numbers, If Pokerwhore posts 1000 messages btwn here, RGP, Pookah etc. and 1/250 responds they make money at no cost to themselves. It has to be monitored by IP when people sign up so they cant jump from name to name
Old 06-18-2003, 08:40 AM

That makes me so sad. Actually i feel so bad about it , that i will take a time-out too. Whoever is responsible for that should just be ashamed. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 11:05 AM

That's an interesting idea.

I remember when I used to read BJ21 (www.bj21.com) they had a list of posting rules and there were "postbusters" who could delete posts that broke any of the posting rules.

-- Homer