Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: How to do the all-in?

The key is to get a running start.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:47 PM

Or your breasts, if you're Jennifer Tilly, or Evelyn Ng, for instance.

(No Kathy - not you! NOT YOU!!)
Old 09-16-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or your breasts, if you're Jennifer Tilly, or Evelyn Ng, or Phil Hellmuth for instance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2005, 03:35 PM

If your going to "do the all in," make sure you are doing it for a good reason. I saw a justified all-in the other day. Two guys are heads up, they have been bickering back and forth all night long at one another.

The flop comes all blanks, and they are still arguing about whatever. One guy is like, "You know what? Your a fuking idiot."
"YOUR CALLING ME AN IDIOT?!?"
"Yeah, I'm calling you an idiot!"
"YOUR CALLING ME AN IDIOT!?!?"
"YEAH!"
"FINE, ALL IN! WHOSE IDIOT NOW?!?!?!?"

And he folds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 03:57 PM

"I raise all-in!" in a strong voice usually solves any problems.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:10 PM

Anyone know how to get vomit stains off of green felt?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK. In a cash game, do this.

Action gets to you.

First, do nothing for like a minute.

Then, slowly look around the table.

Next, stand up.

Now pick one player, doesn't matter who.

Stare intently at the player you have picked.

Glance at the dealer, then look back at the player, then look back to the dealer, then back to the player.

Loudly say "I BET. (or I RAISE)"

Glance around the table, then focus on the player again.

"EVERYTHING!!!"

Then, messily shove your chips forward and sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you! I think you are influencing some of the players in my cardroom.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Physically push your stack in, inform the table loudly that you're hitting the can for a second and will be back when they're pushing you the pot after your opponents call and lose. Of course, this move is unoriginal, and might make your hand dead, but otherwise its pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is stranger than fiction: 1998 WSOP ME, HU at the final table. Scotty Nguyen against Kevin McBride, a newbie who got in on a satellite.

McBride pushes all in, Scotty stares at the table for a while thinking, and McBride stands up, walks over to the TD and says he has to go to the bathroom. The TD stutters and stammers, and finally says OK.

Scotty misses all this and finally looks up to try to get a read on McBride. No McBride. Scotty is pissed and says, "Where he go?" The TD says he went to the bathroom. Scotty stands up steaming. He stares at the empty chair and repeats loudly, "Where he go???"

McBride strolls back in and says what happened, did you call Scotty? Scotty thinks some more, calls, and loses. He is double-dog pissed, and steams for a few hands before he gets it together and wins the tournament.

On the last hand, Scotty puts McBride all in and stands up with a beer and a cigarette and says, "You call then be all over baby!!"
Old 09-16-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Physically push your stack in, inform the table loudly that you're hitting the can for a second and will be back when they're pushing you the pot after your opponents call and lose. Of course, this move is unoriginal, and might make your hand dead, but otherwise its pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is stranger than fiction: 1998 WSOP ME, HU at the final table. Scotty Nguyen against Kevin McBride, a newbie who got in on a satellite.

McBride pushes all in, Scotty stares at the table for a while thinking, and McBride stands up, walks over to the TD and says he has to go to the bathroom. The TD stutters and stammers, and finally says OK.

Scotty misses all this and finally looks up to try to get a read on McBride. No McBride. Scotty is pissed and says, "Where he go?" The TD says he went to the bathroom. Scotty stands up steaming. He stares at the empty chair and repeats loudly, "Where he go???"

McBride strolls back in and says what happened, did you call Scotty? Scotty thinks some more, calls, and loses. He is double-dog pissed, and steams for a few hands before he gets it together and wins the tournament.

On the last hand, Scotty puts McBride all in and stands up with a beer and a cigarette and says, "You call then be all over baby!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

i use the 'whe he go' quote on a daily basis. it's awesome.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One way to show people that you're really serious is to take off your hat, your glasses, your watch and throw them into the center of the table along with your chips. If you want to even exceed that, strip off your shirt, pants, socks, and underwear and throw those on the table too. Stand there buck naked after you do this and whisper just above breath: "i am all in."

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention the part where you use your penis to push your chips forward. If you're going to strip naked, you might as well go all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea but the question is: does the table have a betting line? Because I know I can push my chips past my cards with my penis, but I don't know if I could get all the way over the betting line....