Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: New cell phone and plan: need advice

My sister has that phone. It is cool, but a piece of [censored]. She has sent it back and recieved a new one 7 times now. Yay
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GSM > CDMA.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. As for the comments regarding the Razr as a piece of [censored], the Razr is the most popular phone out there, of course it will encounter problems if it's the highest celling mobile phone out there.

Generally speaking, Nokia phones have the best reception and are the most reliable phones out there. If you go with Nokia, the 6102 is a quality phone, as well as the Nokia 3220.

Do not go with LG..they make decent phones but are not nearly as good as Nokia or Motorola in terms of quality and reliability. Stick with Nokia or Motorola.

As for carriers? Hmm..Cingular is pretty decent. Largest network in the nation, no roaming charges, no long distance (while making domestic calls), free calls to other Cingular customers, rollover minutes, yada yada yada. First rate plan available $39.99 450 Anytime minutes, Unlimited Mobile 2 Mobile, Unlimited Nights and Weekends.

Keep us updated!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:04 PM

Well I've done a little research and it seems that Verizon or Sprint are probably my best bet, around new orleans and Jacksonville at least. Reviews of the razr (god that's a stupid name) are sufficiently bad that I can't see myself getting one. The motorola v276 seems like a solid choice for Verizon. Samsung SPH-A560 looks decent for Sprint.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 PM

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile- picked up a Nokia 6101. I love it. Does pretty much everything I need from a phone.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 PM

i 2nd the Nokia 6101...like many other phones like it, it has photo caller ID. have picked up a lot of numbers demonstrating this, "Here girl x, let me show you how photo caller ID works..do you mind if i take your picture?" girl, "hee hee ok" snap! k can i get your number...yada yada yada...k gimme a call....SEE! when you call your picture shows on my display! cheesy i know
Old 11-30-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I've done a little research and it seems that Verizon or Sprint are probably my best bet, around new orleans and Jacksonville at least. Reviews of the razr (god that's a stupid name) are sufficiently bad that I can't see myself getting one. The motorola v276 seems like a solid choice for Verizon. Samsung SPH-A560 looks decent for Sprint.

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i 've had a Razr for six months now, and I love it...no problems at all...light as a feather, fits perfectly in my pocket, sound quality is great and it looks snazzy.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:45 PM

T-mobile just came out with the nextgen model of the Samsung D500 which I currently use with Cingular. Great phone, not sure about t-mobile service though, never used.

Samsung E635