Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Bush and NO

link

Couldn't have said it any better. Albeit, taking from DailyKos (I'm sure some will refuse to take off their Bush blinders for even a second)
Old 09-01-2005, 04:37 PM

It will be interesting to see if this story has legs.

As usual, the press will parrot the words of our Dear Leader who said that no one predicted this disaster. FEMA will be attacked by sean vainity and hush bimbo.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:47 PM

Look guys, I wasn't just posting this to bash Bush that's why I only posted the link and made no comment. If I had wanted to bash him I would have posted something like:

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was pretty scummy of the Bush campaign to flak those Iraqi government officials last year, to make it look like he had the support of all Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter is that he cut funding for the levees. No one will probably ever be able to say with 100% certanty either way if that effected this or not. But I only wished to point out this little fact.

You can support Bush all you want, that's fine with me. All I'm asking is that if you support Bush and what he does, please understand that not everything he does winds up for the better. When you go to war and cut taxes, there is less money. Sometimes you don't see the effect right away, but it is there.

And sometimes the cost of cutting back is hundreds of lives and billions of dollars in damage.

Just a thought.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:36 PM

The problem is that Bush is horrible when it comes to this kind of stuff. The links those two people provided aren't the greatest. In fact those two articles are horrible in my opinion. I googled and clicked on the first link.

This article:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...7/ai_n10176537

has In 2001, the New Orleans district spent $147 million on construction projects. When fiscal year 2005 wraps up Sept. 30, the Corps expects to have spent $82 million, a 44.2 percent reduction from 2001 expenditures.

That is very significant IMO. Although the information is still incomplete. We need a graph comparing what the army core of engineers requested and what they got over the last 20 years. Ignoring how the Army Core of Engineers was treated during the Clinton administration would be extremely impartial IMO.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:14 PM

someone please correct me if im wrong, but isnt the construction of levees and flood walls the responsibility of the municipal government?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Clinton / Bush Saved Billions

You will find that funding for the proposal was first turned down in 1997 (Clinton), and that the project was not to be completed until 2018.

All that investment would have washed away. They saved us billions.