Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: NL HU hand

Yes, it was QQ
Old 04-18-2005, 07:45 PM

Hey Dave

The reason to post the hand is basically to analize if it's a better option to raise to 400 than to go all in.

I decided to go all in because my hand is just strong in the flop, and when you raises, I put you in AA,KK or even AQ, and frankly, I think you could call the all in with these hands. If you have less than that, I think you're not calling a reraise to 400 either, but you could with the A8d for example. I didn't think you have 88 here, because of our previous game, and 22 was almost out also, so the only hands I was worry about where QQ,Q8 because I dont think you played Q2. So, I went with my read you have a big pair here. But you're right I could fold if I raise to 400 and you go all in, very hard, but maybe I fold. By the way, I didn't like your raise in the flop with the set, the only way I can call you is if I have more than AQ, or A8d, given the way you were playing.

Well, cards went on your way that day, not only with you.

Corko won with AJ-AK and the final JJ-KQ in a KQJ flop

Stan Miller 85-AK in a K85 flop
Q7-KK in a QQ4 flop
66-KJ in a 6TJ
and the final AJ-66

Pretty dissapointing for us, but We wish you good luck in your match against Costa Rica, the defending Champions.

David
Old 04-19-2005, 07:37 AM

Hi sirio,

In answer to the question, I'm sure it's a better option to raise to ~400 than go all-in. Basically it will have the same effect (eg make me fold most of the time) but without risking the whole stack. I'm pretty sure that's what I'd have done in your position. I'm not sure if I'd have been able to fold to the re-raise all-in though.

Went you went all-in your most likely hands I thought would be 22 or the pair and flush draw hand. 88 didn't seem likely. 2 pair was a possibility.

I raised with the set as I think it disguises my hand and gives me an opportunity to win the match if you happen to have a big hand eg 22. From your point of view my most likely hand is Qx. And if you don't have a hand and fold, well that doesn't really matter as I likely wasn't getting any more value for the set anyway.

Other games - well nobody ever won a big tourney without a bit of luck here and there. And I don't think it helps to view it like this. If they saw a flop and it was a good one for them well thats fair enough. Different if all these hands were all-in preflop but I know they were not.

Anyway, thanks for your best wishes and we will do our best to win it.

Kind regards

Diamond Dave