Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Calling all HU Experts

For the first time in my poker career, I feel totally and in all ways PWNED. Not that my purpose is to tell a sob story, but I just lost my entire 10/20sh winnings from March in a single day. How you ask? Two sessions in soft 15/30 games and a 15/30 HU match gone horribly wrong to the tune of $6,000.

I am looking for someone that would be able to look over the transcript of this HU match or at least a section of it.(all in all the massacre lasted 839 hands). I know that my mindset was not all that great going into the match, it was late at night and I had had a long day. And I am positive that there was some tilting. However, I want to know how badly I played or if it was a mixture of bad play and bad luck. I dont usually play HU, but the situation is as follows. There is a mega fish who plays 10/20 and 15/30 and loves talking trash and challenging people to HU matches. We will call him PUNK. PUNK always sets up a private table with the same password. Well, I was about to sit at PUNKs 10/20sh table last night when he challenges a player I assume to be fishy to a HU match. FISH ends up losing 2500 to PUNK in about 90 minutes and looks to be rather passive about the whole matter. So, PUNK leaves and I step in. Oops...

Sorry about the rambling, but to wrap up, if anyone has some time they would like to devote to looking over sections of the HH I would appreciate it. Considering this HU endeavor has already cost me over $4K, I am willing to pay whatever fee is deemed fair by the forum for this service. Thank you.