Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Troubling decison playing a trash hand early in low buyin mtt

Check-raising the flop w/ a flush-draw has to be the most overutilized move out there. In your case, you have a crappy flush-draw & a crappy OESD. There are (3) other limpers, all capable of having anything.

The pot odds seem pretty good, but you have no way of knowing how many outs you really have. You're still in pretty good shape if you fold. Let this one go, and stop check-raising w/ crappy draws in a multiway pot!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 07:34 PM

this isnt a crappy draw. now it maybe is considering the action but OESD+FD isnt crappy
Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this isnt a crappy draw. now it maybe is considering the action but OESD+FD isnt crappy

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, please allow me to clarify. I meant that his draws are crappy, given this particular hand (Mainly that it's multiway w/ 4 players, all whom could have any 2 suited cards).

I believe this for several reasons:

1) His OESD is only using one card
2) His OESD is on the idiot end
3) His flush draw uses cards that are under the board (leaving him vulnerable to higher flush draws). People love limping in w/ Ace-x suited, or any 2 suited cards for that matter.

I agree that the combination of these draws are alot more attractive in a heads-up pot, and can be played more aggressively. Here, I'd be thankful just calling the 200 to see the turn.