Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Think I messed this one up...

Villian is 37/10/2.6, wtsd 27.84 won at showdown 54.9 over 1400 hands.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Think I messed this one up...

Call down unless a J hits.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 PM

What do you think his range is preflop? From that range, what hands can you eliminate after his turn check-raise?

I'd call down.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM

3-bet the turn.

There's only one other Jack left in the deck!! Chances are, villain doesn't have it.

Sure, there's a chance he has AA or KK, but with a 10% PFR he has a much greater range than that. He could just as easily have AK or AQ, or AT ... remember, this guy is *aggressive*.

We have trips here. I'm not convinced it's time to slow down yet.

Adam
Old 11-03-2005, 11:25 PM

call down for sure bro. A 10 pfr's 3betting range from the sb isn't too large. If he has AK and wants to get frisky, he'd often do it on the flop to minimize losses against a J. The K on the turn doesn't really change anything for him. This could easily be AJ, KK or AA. You're not gonna be ahead enough to raise especially because you're not folding to a cap. You are definitely not a 2:1 favorite over his range as you'd need to be to 3bet. Plus AQ and AT split with another ace so an observant player with those hands would definitely not want to give you the chance to go 3 bets on the turn seeing as his best case scenario is a split.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 AM

Is QJo a winner from UTG? Can anyone with a big database answer this please.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:30 AM

Fold preflop.

Since we're here I think you have to call down.

I would put him on AA,KK,AK,AQ and maybe AJ given the action so far. Your hand doesn't do well against that group but you've got to call down. If he checks the river I would probably bet/call.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn.

There's only one other Jack left in the deck!! Chances are, villain doesn't have it.

Sure, there's a chance he has AA or KK, but with a 10% PFR he has a much greater range than that. He could just as easily have AK or AQ, or AT ... remember, this guy is *aggressive*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on a nonstat read but I think this is too broad. Sure villain is way too loose overall but I can't see him 3 betting an UTG raise with AT and only raising 10% of his hands.

As I said in the post above, I would guess given the action he would have AA,KK,AK,AQ and possibly AJ. I don't think AJ is that likely either because again I can't see a guy 3 betting in this situation and only putting in 10% pfr.

One thing I like about your post is that the villain here is quite aggressive. He's loose preflop and still has a 2.6 post flop aggression. That could open his range up a bit but surely he wouldn't check-raise the turn with nines or tens?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the responses all. My thought was that I should have just called down too. There aren't too many hands this guy 3-bets preflop let alone from the SB against an UTG raise. When he check/raises me on the turn I think I'm up against AK/AA/KK. But I think AK is less likely to check/raise here so it should be discounted where AA/KK will likely check/raise every time. QQ would probably check/call hoping to improve. There is the possibility of A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or some AJ variant but I think with AJ he's more likely to just call preflop and possibly AQ as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:00 AM

I like call down.

I bet the river sometimes too.