Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 01:17 PM

Default i just felt like going all in...

5/10, we're 4 handed at this point... and the villain in this hand has been raising preflop to 65 or 55 or 75 nonstop... literally one hand before he had raised to 55 preflop and showed down TT but i also remember a couple orbits ago he raised to 75 and folded to an all in for 400.

so i had some sort of reasoning behind this, tell me if you think the push is excessive... also suggest different lines. for me, given stack sizes, i thought betting the flop might get awkward and i was pretty sure he'd pot the turn if i checked... anyways if you lik ebetting the flop better dont just say that, give an explanation... thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($0)
Hero ($1794.75)
SB ($3130.50)
BB ($1018)
UTG ($521)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $60</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $225</font>, SB calls $160.

Flop: ($460) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($460) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1794.75 and is all-in</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $1060
Old 12-20-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: i just felt like going all in...

vanessa, less hash more fulbright.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:54 PM

so you're ahead and a villain is leading into you, you risk $1400 to find out?

let him bluff if you still feel he's ahead. you just got a bluffing machine to stop bluffing =[
Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 PM

do not like the open limp on button 4 handed w 88.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM

Bobbo - nh.

Lapoker- she limped anticipating his raise? at least i hope.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM

yeah i limped anticipating his raise. i had been wanting to limp reraise the button or SB since we were 6 handed, 4handed makes it less believable i have a huge hand i guess. i dunno, at the time it seemed like the right play - if he has any sort of draw he likely has many outs, and i dont want to play guessing games on the river as to what they are. i think he definitely folds a 9 and might very well fold a 10 for such a large raise... but i think he might call with a draw. i dont know if those two are counterintuitive, but those were my feeling. after i did it i figured a smaller raise accomplished the same hting, but the thing is, if he pushes after a smaller raise i still have to call given i have 10 outs, so is a smaller raise really any better? or do you advocate just a call?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:46 PM

i like it
Old 12-20-2005, 08:17 PM

this opponent isn't folding a ten in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 PM

i cant believe more criticism isnt directed toward the flop check behind

this totally ruins the story youre setting up with the pf limp raise imho

what are you representing exactly? surely not QJ, i suppose top boat is the hand you have here most often? i cant see you playing an overpair like this

i definitely call this off with a ten as zeebo says, having a ten makes TT very unlikely, you dont have a 7, wouldnt play an overpair like this (if so, im terrified!), so a T is good a very large percentage of the time, definitely often enough to call considering its a 2-1 odds situation unless my math is off
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant see you playing an overpair like this

[/ QUOTE ]

With a dry board like that I can definitely see a tricky player checking behind an overpair there. Not that duck does (I don't honestly know), but if I got to that spot with a hand so well defined I would check behind some of the time. *not that I play this high blah blah*

-SmileyEH