Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:21 PM

Default 2 turn raises.

20/40 Mirage Thursday.

Ok game. Full of the Weak-tight nits of the Mirage.

I open raise in the HyJack w/ATo.

Button calls 2, regular weak-tight nit calls in the SB. BB folds.

3 to the flop for 7 bets.

Flop: QT3r

Check to me and I bet, Button folds, SB now check-raises, I call.

Turn: K

SB bets and I raise.
__________________________________________________ ___

15/30 Wynn Saturday night game just turned crappy.

I open raise on the button w/A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2+2er in the SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2+2er checks, I bet, 2+2er check-raises I call.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2+2er bets, I raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: 2 turn raises.

Joe,

Were we ever in that 15/30 game together? I got into the game probably around 5am or something.

As for the hands in question:

1. I'm a little uncomfortable with this turn raise. You probably have 6-7ish outs here, and so volunatarily upping the price on that draw is not that appealing to me. A weak-tighty check-raising this flop seems to scream a Q to me, and possibly now two pair, as QT and KQ seems to be quite likely. I doubt the nit is folding Q9, AQ, or QJ, because of the draw possibilities; he also may have emotional problems with giving up a hand to the out-of-towner hot-shot type. I also think you're pretty rarely ahead. So I'm not a huge fan of the turn raise.

2. This one I like. The K is a great card to bluff on. The 2+2er in the SB probably has a pocket pair or a weak 7 which he might give up on. He may also have air and just trying to force you off a hand on a flop that looks like you missed. A raise here ends up being better than just a calldown because you'd obviously like villain to fold a hand with 6 outs and definitely would like him to fold a hand like 22. The king is a nice card to bluff on also.

(I vaguely remember a hand like this... I wasn't the SB, was I?)
Old 11-08-2005, 04:11 PM

I like them both.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Like the second one way better than the first.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:47 PM

i would proly do the same. i dont know if its correct but live poker is boring and raising makes things interesting.

in the first you gotta follow with a river bet so she lays down qj. the other problem is that if in that mirage game if people get scared they often go into check and call mode and not bet and fold mode.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:02 PM

I wonder if I was in the game with you as well. I was a little drunk and really getting under the skin of a middle eastern guy who thought I never missed the flop.

I like the turn raise in the Mirage game. People in the mirage love to make laydowns and I think if the river bricks this nit furiously mucks AQ or QJ or Q9 and starts whining about how they always catch.

For hand 2, what does teh 2p2er think of you? That makes allt he difference imo. Sure you'll be successful in pushing him off air here, but if he knows you're a 2p2er or knows I think he's calling down with most legit flop checkraising hands.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like the second one way better than the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st one isn't nearly as good because its a rainbow flop. if he's got a draw its a straight draw, and that one hits KJ and J9 makes the straight. if he's got a pair of T's you have him beat and i dont expect him to fold many Q's here.

stealthcow-
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 PM

I like,

On hand 1, what was your plan for the other turn cards?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:54 PM

For hand 1,

Are there any river cards you aren't betting if checked to on the river? Seems to me that much of the folding equity from this turn raise will occur on the river since villain will still have gutshot draws to go with a queen.

What river cards do you fold to a stop and go?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe,

Were we ever in that 15/30 game together?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if we even met. I met a blitz of 2+2ers on Thursday and Saturday and wasn't sure who was who. I'm the zombie at the poker table to the point that if others are talking to me, I completely ignore them.

[ QUOTE ]

1. I'm a little uncomfortable with this turn raise. You probably have 6-7ish outs here, and so volunatarily upping the price on that draw is not that appealing to me. A weak-tighty check-raising this flop seems to scream a Q to me, and possibly now two pair, as QT and KQ seems to be quite likely. I doubt the nit is folding Q9, AQ, or QJ, because of the draw possibilities; he also may have emotional problems with giving up a hand to the out-of-towner hot-shot type. I also think you're pretty rarely ahead. So I'm not a huge fan of the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I rethink this hand after my nap (flew the red-eye), I fcked up the action. I knew 3 of us took the flop but it was an open limp to my right that I was trying to isolate. Then the SB check-raised that player out.

Change things now?