Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Huge stack vs aggressive Chip Leader (Party 500k).

[ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong with taking a flop here. i dont like pushing, as it nullifies position, and he could have AJ beat. has he called large reraises before? if he hasnt, i still think its a call, maybe you turn a flush draw, or jack high flop. id be wary of an A high flop tho, as AQ, AK or definite possibilities. Would this opponent lay down AQ if you reraised him over half his stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
agreed. AJ suited can win you a nice size pot here, but can also be dumped rather easily.
Tell me you flopped the nut flush and he doubled you up

[/ QUOTE ]

If you guys are going to play AJs essentially like a drawing hand here, then why draw for almost 12k. Just limp in, invite button and SB to come along, and play it like QJs.

FWIW, I think calling preflop then folding to his inevitable flop bet is only going to boost the psycological(sp?) edge that villian already has.

If I raise this hand pf, it's because I'm ready to go to war with villian.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Huge stack vs aggressive Chip Leader (Party 500k).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong with taking a flop here. i dont like pushing, as it nullifies position, and he could have AJ beat. has he called large reraises before? if he hasnt, i still think its a call, maybe you turn a flush draw, or jack high flop. id be wary of an A high flop tho, as AQ, AK or definite possibilities. Would this opponent lay down AQ if you reraised him over half his stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

But if I see a flop, he's going to lead for the pot. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen him do this multiple times already. This will allow him to push me off any flop that I whiff. Realizing that he had a very large range of reraising hands here (quite possibly any 2) I felt like getting all my chips in the middle w/ what was quite possibly the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've said that

- he is reraising a very wide range
- he will probably pot the flop regardless of whether he hits
- when he pots the flop, you have to fold if you do not have a pair or a draw.

why? if he's oging to bet the flop with air, play your hand like it's JJ on the flop and go to war. i think that if you call, you have to do it with the intention of pushing the flop with overs, unless is a horrible flop like Kh8h7h. there will be ~23k in the pot and you'll have 48k left, so it's a normal-sized push if he bets.

i would just push pre-flop though.