Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Party changed theit raked hand definiton (now participated hands).

[ QUOTE ]

"A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."

Your interpretation of "cut and dry" does not mesh with the two other posts on this thread by people who are currently clearing a bonus at Party and who are finding that raked hands are accumulating as usual on pots where the player is folding pre-flop.

I take this more seriously than parsing the wording of Party's statement given their history of unclear writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The writing is very clear; and the change is significant. The evidence that people are not yet seeing a change in count does not mean Party is not changing the rules, it simply means that they haven't implemented ( or have screwed up the implementation ). I would fully expect the effect of this wording to be experienced in a week or so.

Also, this will have an effect on rakeback because it will also change the way party figures the MGR. Why else are they now appearing willing to talk rakeback with affiliates; because they will be using this new language to pay less MGR to affiliates. Why less? because I would bet that the majority of "tight" players come via rakeback affiliates and "fish" go straight to party.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

They haven't changed anything. It has always been >.01 per player who was dealt cards. This says nothing about having to put money into the pot yourself to receive credit.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM

I'll buy it when they actually do it. If party figures MGR by participated hands (as they do currently), you HAVE contributed 1 cent in a .10c raked pot, even if you were only dealt cards, according to their system.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They haven't changed anything. It has always been >.01 per player who was dealt cards. This says nothing about having to put money into the pot yourself to receive credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!! People have to stop making a big deal out of this. I am pretty sure they haven't changed anything. You guys are getting confused by the wording.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:58 PM

I cleared my bonus on Sunday. My VPIP was around 10% and the hands counting toward the bonus was at 90% (O8). Nothing has changed.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The writing is very clear; and the change is significant. The evidence that people are not yet seeing a change in count does not mean Party is not changing the rules, it simply means that they haven't implemented ( or have screwed up the implementation ). I would fully expect the effect of this wording to be experienced in a week or so.

Also, this will have an effect on rakeback because it will also change the way party figures the MGR. Why else are they now appearing willing to talk rakeback with affiliates; because they will be using this new language to pay less MGR to affiliates. Why less? because I would bet that the majority of "tight" players come via rakeback affiliates and "fish" go straight to party.
[/quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:11 PM

You guys are panicking about nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

The writing is very clear; and the change is significant. The evidence that people are not yet seeing a change in count does not mean Party is not changing the rules,

[/ QUOTE ]

The writing is NOT clear.

"A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."

In this case 'contributing' 1-cent in rake for that hand just means that you were involved in the hand and were responsible for 1-cent or more in rake.

It doesn't mean that you actually had to bet money into the pot on that specific hand. It means that you got credit for 1-cent 'contributed' (which another poster observed should actually be wored as 'attributed' when we discussed this very same thing in a different thread 2 days ago).

When you play 1,000 hands or something and it has X amount of rake over that stretch...then your affiliate is getting back 20% (or whatever) of "your contributed rake".
This is jhust how Party words it.

NEVER have they said that YOU actually have to bet money on that specific hand.
They just use the word 'contributed' to mean "a hand where you are receiving credit for the some of the rake."

Something like that anyway.
I'm not good at explaining some of these things so anyone with a better way of explaining it to all the panickers can feel free to chime-in.

You guys feel free to scan over the party-poker T&C's and read over whatever else you like and find something else to panic over.
"hey...I read that Partypoker cash-games are 'for entertainment purposes only'!!! OMG!! They're going to ban me if I play too much!!"
"hey....party said that THEY have the final-judgement on all decisions. So this means they can just decide to just change all their rules and take all my money whenever they want. They just said so in their rules!!!"
Old 10-11-2005, 03:22 PM

I'm not a home, so I cannot check to be sure.

BUT.

I got a bonus offer of 30% up to 100. I went ahead and deposited, and have been working it off. But was VERY surprised at how slow it was going. I've probably 3 tabled for atleast 3 or 4 hours, and and only worked off around 200 or so?

I'll check my PT numbers vs. Party numbers when I get home.

Nick
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 PM

So if this change is for real what does it mean? rocks will no longer leech off the LAGS? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are panicking about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is very reasonable Microbob. Thanks.