Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: I\'m with you Rick and here\'s what happened...

[ QUOTE ]
Me (Rick):That was my initial thought. But my friend pointed out that Shoton's call was not "in turn". Generally, verbal action in turn is binding, out of turn it is just table talk. So if Noli had the nuts and put Shoton all in with a massive raise (bigger than initially planned), and Shoton a merely good hand not able to stand a big raise, could Shoton back out of his commitment? I'm not sure.

You (KC):I don't think so Rick.

Think about this. If that were true would he also be able to fold when Noli raised the minimum. If this were true then it would give "everyone" the license to do this "every time" anyone just "announced raise". Then it would be stupid when your opponent just announced raise, not to say "call" out of turn if you knew that you could back out of your verbal statement. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was routine then announcing "call" before your opponent stacked off wouldn't be giving any information away. I also assume Shoton would call a minimum raise with any sort of hand.

But don't go by me, I have a wicked cold, have taken too much medications plus turns out the Patriots game wasn't on broadcast TV so I tried searching for info using Shoton as a search term (I remember his name being used). First I tried the "Recent Archives", the "Older Recent Archives", just plain search and so on, got no results and am now brain dead (at times I got no results searching for my name!). I hate searching this forum. End Rant [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick