Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 05-23-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Multi tabling help

Hey

I normally 12-table on my 17" 1280x1024 monitor, and honestly that can become quite cramped. To help me i've made a simple app that arranges the windows for me, so i avoid mis-clicks and such.

What it does is quite simply to put the active window in a specified corner, and arrange the other windows in the other corners of the monitor. There will only be one active window at a time, the others will be put in a queue and will be activated when you're done with the currently active window.

You can see a small video showing it in action here: mth in action

You can download the actual app from here: mth

Please note that it requires WinRar to unpack. It does not need to be installed, it does howerver require Windows XP (haven't tested any other systems) and the .NET framework

Before you ask, no, i cannot give you any guarantee that this is not spyware/adware/fubar software, other than my word.

It's free, and will remain so. Use it if you like.

I'd appreciate, if you use it, that you drop a note with feedback.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Multi tabling help

How could i forget?

It only supports Party/skins cash games and 1-table SnG's.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:50 PM

This is really interesting. Do you use GT+ and do the stats stay in place?

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when I 8 table (I use 2 montiors), I keep track of the players (postflop play, etc.) using their position at a table in a certain location....I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to remember everyone usernames with the postflop reads I have on them. How long have you been 12 tabling..I've been considering it and would like to hear your thoughts.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM

I've heard some reports of people saying that GT+ doesn't update the tables when they're moved, i can't say what the reason for this is. I'm using PV myself, and that works perfectly.

I've been 12-tabling for a couple of weeks with great success, though only at NL25 for the moment. I'm working on my NL50 game, but only at 4 tables at a time, i need get used to the game before i push it harder.

Regarding the two monitors. Try opening all your tables and placing them as you wish. Then tick on the "Move window to previous location", it should move the window to it's previous location when you've acted. That should make it easy to follow the tables based on their position.

Please note though that you'd still have to keep the "active corner" free of windows (since that window would be moved to it's previous location, which coincidentally is also the active corner).

Thank you for your reply, i hope to hear back from you, whether this solves your problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 PM

I just dled the program and its shweeeet. only problem i have is i can't watch how long it takes players to react to my plays/make their own. and i can't see when i win/lose a big pot.

personally i've play like [censored] (over valuing top pair/overpair) mostly. so maybe multi-tabling isn't for me. but this program definatly makes managing multi-tabling super easy.

thanks for making this available to the public for free, real cool of ya. Next week i'm gunna try 8 tabling thanks to this proggie. i just hope i don't keep playing poorly =)

thanks again,

-galahad
Old 05-28-2005, 04:56 AM

I would love to try this mth but I just keep gettin an error code, I'm running xp on a thinkpad, I downloaded it and then uncompressed it with winrar. Here is the error that I get:

"MultiTableHelper.exe - Application Error
X The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

Any Ideas???

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 05-28-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i can't see when i win/lose a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the process, not the results that matter. Not knowing if you win or lose will help you make +EV decisions, but I digress.

I've been looking to start working in more tables on my 17" 1280x1024, and I'll be giving your program a try, but probably not before Tuesday.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to try this mth but I just keep gettin an error code, I'm running xp on a thinkpad, I downloaded it and then uncompressed it with winrar. Here is the error that I get:

"MultiTableHelper.exe - Application Error
X The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

Any Ideas???

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to install the .NET framework before the application will start [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Thanks All

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 05-30-2005, 02:44 AM

I just downloaded it and I love it. Thanks for the program. This makes things alot easier on my laptop. The one thing that could make it better is if it would let you see the outcome of the hand after the river, if you were in the hand to that point. One idea for this would be to have the upper left corner store all of the idle tables, the lower right corner have the active tables, and then then move the active hand that you just played to completion to the top right for 4 seconds, just so you can see the outcome.

Thanks again!