Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-28-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Official “No-Pro” Race to Supernova Tournament

That’s right. No pros allowed. You have to have a full time or nearly full time job to enter. It wouldn’t be quite as much fun with a 12 hour a day 2+2 max-tabler breaking Supernova status by the middle of January.

I am hoping to provide an incentive for myself and others (with real world jobs (not that poker isn't a job [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])) to get to Supernova status as quickly as possible because obviously the benefit of being Supernova is quite nice. So, to that end, I am offering to coordinate The First Annual Race to Supernova Tournament.

Entry fee: $10

100% of the prize pool is paid to the top 25% of the players in the tournament. I use Tournament Director to calculate the payouts automatically.

Rank in the tournament is decided by when you reach Supernova status. The first person is number one, second is second, and third is....well, you get the point. The difference is, of course, you're trying to be the first one "out" to take first prize.

Entry fees are sent to me on Stars. My Stars name is the same as it is here.

Minimum entrants = more than a few. It just wouldn't be much fun with only a few people. If there isn’t much interest, and it just won't work, then I'll send the $10 back right away.

Verification: I'm not quite sure how Stars will notify us of our status changes. I assume we'll be e-mailed, but for sure it'll be in our Cashier window. I'll need one or the other for proof of the exact time and date it was achieved. If it comes down to two people being only minutes apart, then I'll need the Stars lobby time in case you're in two different time zones. Cheaters will be shot.

Don't trust me? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Then don't sign up. I've been here for a couple years and have seen all the scams in the past. I remember when Granny got screwed. If you'd like my work e-mail address so at least you know who I am IRL, then PM me. I'd also agree to have a more respected 2+2er talk to me on the phone where I work to verify my honesty if that helps. I think this challenge would be fun and don't want to cloud it with people wondering if I'm going to make off with a few hundred bucks.

So let's do it! Send me your $10 on Stars and PM me who you are here. Privacy Notice: I will never ever disclose your Stars name to anyone here or anywhere. I personally couldn't care less who you are here and on Stars. I don't keep my name a secret, but I will keep yours a secret.

Deadline to enter is when I wake up Monday the 2nd which is also when I’ll send your cash back if it is a no-go. Updates will go in this thread.

Onaflag..............
Old 12-29-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Official “No-Pro” Race to Supernova Tournament

Screw you amatuers, I didn't want to be in your gay contest anyway.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Yeah, lets make a $11-fee competition for the pros, and let them have their $10-contest.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people should never be allowed out of OOT.

Onaflag............
Old 12-29-2005, 04:28 AM

haha, nh.

Is $10 enough? I'd throw $10 into a (another) 2+2 sidebet in a heartbeat and I have NO chance of making supernova. Never.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, based on your avatar I would have thought you'd be jumping ass first into anything gay...