Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Anyone else feel guilty taking loose passive\'s money?

I have no problem taking money from LAGS or TAGS. They're trying to do the same to me and I would love nothing more than to punk them as hard as possible. But when I play against the really loose passives, sometimes I feel bad about taking their money. They're just so over matched. They have no chance against me at all unless the deck just completely screws me. It almost feels like robbery.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Anyone else feel guilty taking loose passive\'s money?

I would check raise my grandmother for the last of her social security check. If you do not have that attitude at the poker table, you are probably playing the wrong game.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check raise my grandmother for the last of her social security check. If you do not have that attitude at the poker table, you are probably playing the wrong game.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you would not. Stop trying to look tough.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:30 AM

I dont want to hijack, but does anyone feel worse taking peoples money in live games verses online games? i have no problem at all pwning people online, but when I see the poor hardworking people losing their paycheck, i cant help but to feel a little bad. I still pwn them, but i dont like doing it.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem taking money from LAGS or TAGS. They're trying to do the same to me and I would love nothing more than to punk them as hard as possible. But when I play against the really loose passives, sometimes I feel bad about taking their money. They're just so over matched. They have no chance against me at all unless the deck just completely screws me. It almost feels like robbery.

[/ QUOTE ]

The feeling goes away after a while. Just give it some time. Btw, in case anybody thinks that this is a joking reply, it isn't. I used to feel that way also.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 AM

No because for some god damn reason they always have KK when I have QQ, AJ when I have AT, 2 pair when I have an overpair, made flush on the flop when I have a set. WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!?!?!
Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 AM

And so that is this game of poker...

Get over it, you are winning!
Old 12-04-2005, 01:58 AM

You're taking people's money?

I don't ever take anything from anyone; they inexplicably give it to me.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 AM

Well over 80%+ of your opponents in poker are loose passive players (LPP) usually more except in rare cases of extremely wild games or shark infested tables.

There is no way that you can play poker on a regular basis and constantly really feel guilty about talking $ from LPP because then you wouldnt play beacuse that is what you do in poker.

Winning poker is based on LPP's dumping $ in -EV situations. They are going to lose chips anyway if you arent at the table so you might as well collect it from them.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:22 AM

I feel a wee bit guilty once in awhile when it is in a live game, only because most loose passive folk I have come across are friendly people that I enjoy hanging out with. It's nothing that would make me play them any differently though. But I also find that they have a lower regard for the money generally then I do, and most times are not very cognizant of the fact that they were outplayed, just got unlucky.