Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Who likes this push? Party 30+3 w/ 250 entrants

[ QUOTE ]

you are playing with maniacs or calling stations who will call without real strong holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like this was a real posibility. Not so much maniacs, but that I would get a push called, since my 3s push got called by AQs.

But still, what if I get one caller after me and the flop comes KT3, two suited, I have 1800 left, how much do you bet? This is the situation I was afraid of.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:42 PM

There's an analagous thread on the single table forum about
a spot like this. Slightly different hands and fewer tables
but worth a look.

Bruce
Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you are playing with maniacs or calling stations who will call without real strong holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like this was a real posibility. Not so much maniacs, but that I would get a push called, since my 3s push got called by AQs.

But still, what if I get one caller after me and the flop comes KT3, two suited, I have 1800 left, how much do you bet? This is the situation I was afraid of.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a KT3 flop, I would bet out solidly and be ready to go allin.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise to 600 preflop and get one caller, there will be 1300-1600 in the pot. With 1800 left, i think checkraising all in is the safer play.

If you bet at the pot, the only reasonable bet would be a push. You're unlikely to get called by a hand that you beat. MAYBE A10 from a donk who puts you on AQ. Checkraising here lets you pick off a possible bluff, and may be able to push someone off a better hand (unlikely.)
Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 PM

DaveD,

Seems weak tight to me. With your stack and JJ, I'm looking to accumulate here and I think a standard raise gives you the best chance to do that.

If the flop goes south for you and you are able to get away, you'll still have enough BBs and folding equity to try to rebound.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:10 PM

Results btw were that someone called in later position with AQ but my hand held up and I doubled through.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:27 PM

woooo. rock on. I still like the raise.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Your 33 push may impact the way that people wiew your JJ push and this may get you some of the action that you ar trying to avoid. I think a raise of 3 - 4X is better. This allows you to get away if the flop is ugly and allows you to push or play if it looks good.
Nice result tho
Old 12-27-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your 33 push may impact the way that people wiew your JJ push and this may get you some of the action that you ar trying to avoid

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the 33 push might get weaker hands calling you down. (22-55)(A7-AJ) Is that a bad thing? Do you not like being a dominating favorite?

He is trying to avoid a bigger hand coming along (and maybe a c/f), not an inferior one.

Anyways, I think its 50/50 what I would have done. But I like the raise to t600, and check-raise all-in move. That seems the most effective.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your 33 push may impact the way that people wiew your JJ push and this may get you some of the action that you ar trying to avoid. I think a raise of 3 - 4X is better. This allows you to get away if the flop is ugly and allows you to push or play if it looks good.
Nice result tho

[/ QUOTE ]

This was what tipped me to pushing, that someone's likely to think I'm pushing 33 again and call with 99.