Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Poker Royale: Pros versus comedians

I know these tourneys are not significant in terms of being a great display of stratedgy, but one major mistake I see all these knowledgeable talented pros make is playing big pots against these clueless amatuers.

Tammy Pescatorri came back and beat RObert Williamson and I just dont think this would have happened if he had chosen to play small pots. There is little to no chance any one of the amatuers Ive seen on any of these shows should beat these pros if the pros werent trying to play the power poker game. By going all in, it seems the pros are playing right into the amatuers only chance of winning.

Am I crazy? Agree/disagree?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Poker Royale: Pros versus comedians

I'm not fit to answer as I was unable to tell the pros from the comics for the most part.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:22 AM

i happened to catch this. Pescatori called (yes, called) off her whole stack with 32o on a 9 7 4 board. williamson had K3 with a flush draw, and tammy spiked an offsuit deuce on the river.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I haven't seen this yet, but obviously I'd want her call in this spot, just not her suckout. How did the pro make a mistake? He got his opponent to make a mistake and she lucked out with her three-outer (unless one of her outs gave him his flush, then she's down to 2 outs)

Sounds like a +EV move to me.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:06 AM

It's hard to play small pots when the blinds are 30/60K and there are only 10xBB in play.