Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the betting now capped?
Yes 60 37.97%
No 98 62.03%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: The SUPERMAN/VADER FINALS!!

i thought neo would be able to beat superman, but if neo cant, i dont see any reason vader would be able to. my vote goes for superman.
im assuming light saber is going to bounce off of him, his super human strength can withstand a chokehold, and im sure we can find precedent in the comic book archive of him withstanding lightning of some sort.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:45 AM

whoa, it's neck and neck right now. i think vader would win with his ability to mentally choke someone
Old 03-24-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa, it's neck and neck right now. i think vader would win with his ability to mentally choke someone

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't choke Superman...unless you're using something made of kryptonite to do it. Why does everyone fail to see this? It's impossible for Darth to beat Superman unless he happens to know about his kryptonite weakness and happens to have some. Geez people. Get real!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't choke Superman...unless you're using something made of kryptonite to do it. Why does everyone fail to see this? It's impossible for Darth to beat Superman unless he happens to know about his kryptonite weakness and happens to have some. Geez people. Get real!

[/ QUOTE ]

even if vader didn't know about the kryptonite, here's how i see it going down:

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) Superman, you will not attack me

Superman: Ok

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) You will tell me your weakness

Superman: Kryptonite

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) You will want to go find me some Kryptonite

Superman: I'm gonna go get you some Kryptonite
Old 03-24-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if vader didn't know about the kryptonite, here's how i see it going down:

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) Superman, you will not attack me

Superman: Ok

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) You will tell me your weakness

Superman: Kryptonite

Vader: (waves hand in a slow wax-off maneuver) You will want to go find me some Kryptonite

Superman: I'm gonna go get you some Kryptonite

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no. Superman is only susceptible to mind control while weakened from kryptonite so this wouldn't work.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM

I know Darth is the sentimental favorite, but if you're honest with yourself you'll admit Superman would win easily.

Gandalf, Sauron, Sherlock Holmes, Professor Moriarty, or Q would beat either IMHO.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:27 PM

kryptonite: some of you people keep assuming that kryptonite is needed to defeat superman. this is true on earth (and krypton too i guess). vader and superman are both from non-earth planets. superman is superpowerful on earth, compared to earthlings. on krypton, he would be a nerd getting beat up daily. which leads me to the point that vader and anybody else from his planet, or outer space or whatever, could potentially be just as dominant on earth as superman is. if they made a movie with darth vader coming to earth and kicking much ass like zod, would you then see the light? if superman went to visit luke, LUKE would kick supermans ass, lukes step dad would kick his ass, everybody would kick his ass.

light sabers:light sabers would tear superman up. granted they dont easily cut through things in the movies, but superman isnt bending steel bars (or whatever the krypton equivalent of steel is) on krypton. same idea as if we went to the moon, we could lift boulders. doesnt make us special on earth, but on the moon we are like superman. in their natural environment, the light sabers are pretty kick ass, on earth they would be >supermans skin and would go through steel like turds through a duck.

the force: as far as the force being strong enough to overpower supermans brain, thats a given. that ugly biotch in the movie tricked him into giving up all his powers, darth vader could make superman hump a football if he wanted to.
a vote here for superman is a bad vote.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kryptonite: some of you people keep assuming that kryptonite is needed to defeat superman. this is true on earth

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really an excellent point! I was assuming the fight would take place on Earth. it had simply not occured to me to think otherwise. However, what you've said essentially means that the outcome of this match is ENTIRELY dependent on the location.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kryptonite: some of you people keep assuming that kryptonite is needed to defeat superman. this is true on earth

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really an excellent point! I was assuming the fight would take place on Earth. it had simply not occured to me to think otherwise. However, what you've said essentially means that the outcome of this match is ENTIRELY dependent on the location.

[/ QUOTE ]
even on earth, i contend vader wins. i should have written kryptonite is needed BY EARTHLINGS to defeat superman on earth. vader is no earthling.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even on earth, i contend vader wins. i should have written kryptonite is needed BY EARTHLINGS to defeat superman on earth. vader is no earthling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just wrong. Without kryptonite, Superman is impervious to everything. Superman not only kicks Darth's ass, but does so easily.