Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Got my Xbox 360

Got my Xbox 360 this morning (won it in a contest, hence getting it a week before the street date).

It's pretty cool, only played for a bit with the game they sent me.

The thing is a serious machine though. The plug looks like it was made to power a nuclear reactor, the controller is battery operated and wireless (which is actually annoying IMO, I'd rather have to put up with the wire and now worry about running out of battery power, plus the bats make the controller is a little heavy) and the system itself is far removed from the light plastic grey box I remember video game systems being.

The whole thing makes me nostalgic for the games of yesteryear. :P

Like many on this board, I used to be a gamer (though not as much as many of you), and kind of left it by the wayside when I got into poker.

In any case, the system is nice, the graphics look good and everything loads in lightening speed and all that stuff. Those of you who pre-ordered it probably wont be disappointed.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Got my Xbox 360

holy crap dude, if you weren't 110% into it, you should have just sold it on ebay and got one later if you wanted one, you probably could have made a lot of money on it, stuff like that seems to be really expensive untill the release date. and even then, there might be limited supplies.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap dude, if you weren't 110% into it, you should have just sold it on ebay and got one later if you wanted one, you probably could have made a lot of money on it, stuff like that seems to be really expensive untill the release date. and even then, there might be limited supplies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought of it, I know a lot of people who won the contest are doing that. Decided against it because there were a ton of people playing the contest who really wanted to win it to own it and many of them never won despite trying everyday. Given that, I thought it might be rude to sell it. Also, my brother never made the transition from gamind to poker so he's still way into (although one wonders if an Xbox will get him away from his PC and World of Warcraft).
Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got my Xbox 360 this morning (won it in a contest, hence getting it a week before the street date).

It's pretty cool, only played for a bit with the game they sent me.

The thing is a serious machine though. The plug looks like it was made to power a nuclear reactor, the controller is battery operated and wireless (which is actually annoying IMO, I'd rather have to put up with the wire and now worry about running out of battery power, plus the bats make the controller is a little heavy) and the system itself is far removed from the light plastic grey box I remember video game systems being.

The whole thing makes me nostalgic for the games of yesteryear. :P

Like many on this board, I used to be a gamer (though not as much as many of you), and kind of left it by the wayside when I got into poker.

In any case, the system is nice, the graphics look good and everything loads in lightening speed and all that stuff. Those of you who pre-ordered it probably wont be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you. That is all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Decided against it because there were a ton of people playing the contest who really wanted to win it to own it and many of them never won despite trying everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is an incredibly stupid reason.

maybe you shouldn't spend money anymore because other people would buy grain or drinking water with it.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that is an incredibly stupid reason.

maybe you shouldn't spend money anymore because other people would buy grain or drinking water with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. If I was a hardcore gamer who tried for five weeks to win one and didn't get lucky, I might be annoyed, if I saw everyone who won it selling there's I would probably be doubly so. I know there are some people who really wanted the system to play who entered the contest like 2000 times and didn't win, and some parents who tried to win every hour because they don't have much money and wanted to give their kid a really cool Christmas present. We can agree to disagree, but IMO selling it would be kind of a d*ck move.

Last year I won three ipods (pepsi is good to me), again I could have easily sold them, you might remember the ipod craze was in full effect last holiday season, but I kept one and gave the other two to friends.

I dunno, maybe I'm a sucker.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Are you this guy?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... no. Who is he?

It actually looks familiar, is it from a movie or something?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Lazlo Holyfield from "Real Genius".
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

does this line of reasoning only apply to gifts? would you keep a $1000 my little pony if you won it?