Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Default OESD

No reads other than UTG+1 plays every hand and folds nearly every flop to a bet or raise.

I was planning on raising preflop with one limper, but decided to just call after another one came along.

Do I take a free card on the turn, or bet out?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero ?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: OESD

Take the free card. On this board there's a good chance he'll have a reason to draw on the turn, and IMO the pot isn't big enough to justify the times he calls you down.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:36 PM

I'm ok with the preflop limp...if it was soooted, you'd raise, right? Or if the king was an ace?

Why'd you raise on the flop? You're facing the field with 2 cold, and you want them in there to pad for you. You only want to raise if there's been a bet and a couple of calls, first. Now you're HU, with no hand, in a relatively small pot. Bet, but be ready to fold to the c/r.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:36 PM

raise this preflop, and yeah, take the free turn card.

edit: boz, hero isn't folding this turn.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise this preflop, and yeah, take the free turn card.

edit: boz, hero isn't folding this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I s'pose you're right...my mind was fogged by the flop raise.

I guess what I should have said was you can bet this turn with a read that Villan might fold and as long as you're willing to pay 2 to see the river.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:46 PM

You lost this hand on the flop.

Consider:

a) Size of pot.
b) Your relative position.
c) Your hand vis a vis a) and b).
d) Your remaining opponents' hands and what they are likely to do when you call or raise.
e) MP3's hand.

Then, compile the above into a single piece of information, f). Not sure how to explain f) but, it's something that I do. After getting f) in your mind, formulate a plan of action. Then act. This process should take about 5-10 seconds.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm ok with the preflop limp...if it was soooted, you'd raise, right? Or if the king was an ace?

Why'd you raise on the flop? You're facing the field with 2 cold, and you want them in there to pad for you. You only want to raise if there's been a bet and a couple of calls, first. Now you're HU, with no hand, in a relatively small pot. Bet, but be ready to fold to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't mind a flop raise to clean up our J outs. Or for the free card we're debating.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't mind a flop raise to clean up our J outs. Or for the free card we're debating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly a case of too much ether. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If MP3 is betting with a Q here (which is certainly plausible), our J outs aren't looking so good and aren't getting any cleaner.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Call the flop because you want as many players as possible feeding this pot in case you hit your STR8.

Take the free card as played.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads other than UTG+1 plays every hand and folds nearly every flop to a bet or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes raising preflop even easier.

take the free card on the flop.