Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Who and What to see during WSOP?

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in Vegas June 26th-July 1st.

While I'm down there, I wouldn't mind checking out a couple of the WSOP events. Does anyone recommend going to see any of the events in particular that week? Here's a link to the schedule.

Further, I wouldn't mind meeting/seeing some of the "big names" down there. If not at the WSOP, anyone recommend stopping by anywhere in particular to meet a few pros? (i.e. Who usually hangs out where and when?)

Thanks.

Adam
Old 06-13-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Who and What to see during WSOP?

99% of all the big names are playing at the Bellagio or Rio/WSOP. Of those, 90% are at the Rio. Games start filling (besides the tournament tables which start at noon) after about 11am. If you are on a tight schedule, 4pm to 11pm probably has the greatest chance of you running into several dozen name players.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
99% of all the big names are playing at the Bellagio or Rio/WSOP. Of those, 90% are at the Rio. Games start filling (besides the tournament tables which start at noon) after about 11am. If you are on a tight schedule, 4pm to 11pm probably has the greatest chance of you running into several dozen name players.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks, that was pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

What about the Wynn?

(also, do you figure the LHE and NLHE events will draw the biggest name crowds?)

Adam
Old 06-13-2005, 05:10 PM

At the Belagio at the high stakes section of the poker room the biggest game I saw was something like 200-400 or somethign (I didn't pay much attention) with Sklansky in it.

Where do they play the ultra high stakes games like 4k-8k. Is it in the same section or is there a seperate room that the average person can't go into?