Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Suck Out or good play

Clearly you play often with SB and are in a much better position than we, to tell if he were lucky or skillful.
I think a more productive question is,is there something in your play or manner that allowed him to play so perfectly against you.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Suck Out or good play

"I don't believe that seven-six suited is a good stealing hand, so I would have folded preflop. I prefer a hand with some high card strength rather than a small suited connector such as yours."

i oftentimes resteal (with any cards), usually with a flop check-raise, from lp stealers who tend to wait for high cards when the flop comes xxx. it's proven to be a very profitable play for me.

that's cool that we agree on the turn check being a big mistake here.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:25 PM

Default Re: The button is a purple dinosaur with flatulance issues and..

Your time is so valuable that reading a few potenially extraneous lines of a post bothers you? Tough crowd.

He wanted to know about his preflop play, and the tightness and overall quality of the player(s) acting behind him is a factor.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:57 PM

Eh.. maybe I was a little tough, but I don't see why he couldn't have just said, "I thought I had a decent chance to steal the blinds," and moved on.

That having been said, I'll add something constructive to this thread rather than just complaining. I think trying to steal from the cutoff with 76s is too ambitious against all but the tightest players. 76s has little high card value and is probably best mucked in that situation.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:08 PM

If I don't tell you how the button plays, how can you answer my question of whether or not you would try to steal with 7c6c before the flop... What if I had said... "The button is a maniac who will 3 bet me every time I raise." Then does this mean I should try to steal in this situation?

Old 09-12-2002, 04:19 PM

Default Re: some comments on the turn and sb\'s play

I agree with you that SB played pretty weak pre flop... I would usually reraise a late position raiser with AJ, but check raising the flop with AJ may be a mistake IMO. He is out of position with 3 outs to an A and 4 outs to an 8. He can not consider his outs to hitting a J being clean since that would have completed a 4 card straight. However, he very well may be ahead... I think his weak play preflop took away his options on the flop.

Also, I got really lucky that he had the Ac. Had he not he would not have check raised IMO. He only check raises here because he thinks it will be very difficult for me to 3 bet without the Ac. I would have been tempted to do the same thing in his position. However, I would have probably just bet out fearing that he would check it down on the river.

Just My Thoughts,