Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default I HAVE NO BALLS

This is my first post ever and would like to share a hand and discuss what a balless coward I am. Here is the set up. Went to Taj Mahal to play tourney. Not a good turnout so I did not play. Lack of turnout due to WSOP event at the Showboat. I sit down at 1-2 NL with 300. A lady who likes to play 23o "for the hell of it" procedes to draw out 3 hands on me to put me down 226. I find out about WSOP too late to join so we go to look at event. Decide to go to Borgata to try my luck there and to appreciate the waitresses...At least the view is better at the Borgata.(No offense taj waitresses) OK, sit down with 200 at the 1-2 NL. Do fairly well bringing myself up to 650. This is almost at the end of the game for me because I had to leave at a certain time. So I am happy I have gotten my money back + about 220. Sorry if this is boring, heres the hand.

UTG-22
2 seat- KhQd
hero-9c10c
B-AA

Action called to button who raises to 15
UTG calls, 2 calls, hero calls

Flop
6c,7c,2

UTG raise 50, 2 calls, now here I make an illegal count out of chips then pull back and fold. The dealer rightfully yells at me and I tell her I would call if I made an illegal move. She asks the players if they'd mind that Id fold, they said no so she grabs cards and mucks. Button all in for 300, UTG calls allin with 50 left and 2 seat calls about another 100 all in.

Turn
8s

River Kh

I think I made a disasterous fold here. I am not to fast with the math but I think I had the odds to call with my outs. My thoughts here were this. I knew I needed to push or fold. I feared calling and Button going all in. Should I have feared that? I could not figure it out because with 4 people in I did not want to hit flush and lose. Also I dont like riding my stack on a gutshot straight with 4 people in. Am I way off here? I have only been playing since January and want to understand if I am looking at things all wrong. Thanks to all for your feedback. I have been reading the message boards for months and they Have helped me and entertained me with all the different charecters around! Happy holidays to all and a great 2006!!!!