Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: 30/60 PS Hand Question

I tend to agree with Paluka here.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't like any of my lines after I get checkraised, and I think getting checkraised is very typical, I think I have to check this turn and call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check this turn as well. But what do I know.

Nigel
Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my advice may be a little too aggressive but in a situation like this I think it's a good line to 3bet the turn and fold to a capp, after check behind or fold to a bet on the river unimproved.

If you are going to call down the river regardless you improve or not, I would 3bet right there to find out if I'm behind or completly drawing dead.

If your not going to 3bet the turn, I would fold right there to his checkraise. Calling imo is weak in this spot.

I don't think you should check the turn here unless you have a read on how the BB plays since there is good fold equity to a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

mc1023 isn't this a bad place to 3 bet or fold since if i fold i am missing a lot of outs. on the other hand if i'm going to call a river bet anyway then i can 3 bet, and if he caps me i'm probably drawing to few outs.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't like any of my lines after I get checkraised, and I think getting checkraised is very typical, I think I have to check this turn and call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey paluka, a question. A lot of the time I have a made hand where I think my opponent might playback at me but also looks like he could drawing. People keep telling me I just have to bet in those situations and if he raises me take it from there. What criteria can I use to decide when I "need to bet" in those situations and when a check is acceptable like you suggest here.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Ok read over phish's post and yes you do have a good point that villian could capp two pair or straight but there are also a big range of hands I think he can checkraise that spot with and be forced to call a 3bet.

and yes what bruiser said was more accurate, if villian capps the turn then you may not be drawing dead but to very few outs.

Also I think two pair on that spot, will most likely not capp there on the turn on a draw heavy board imo.

so the only hand I can really see capping me on the turn is a straight, meaning villian would have to be holding either 97 or 74. Or he has a made flush and hero is drawing dead.

With the board how it is, I just can't see how villian could have a very strong hand on the turn that he will capp with. On a different board I may say just call with a small flush draw+gutshot.

I still think if I got capped I would let this hand go since I'm drawing very slim or possibly dead, unless vilian is capable of capping me on the turn with an ugly two pair.

Also incase he is semi-bluffing or even on a complete bluff you charged him a extra bet on the turn.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you play good
Old 06-16-2005, 11:38 PM

the only time i can think of where you might 3 bet and fold to a fourth would be with a complete bluff with undercards.
i cant fathom doing it.
i would check on 4th and fold or call on the river.