Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 04:03 AM

Default 34579 td 2-7

2 limpers to you in the Co, what do you do with this hand?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: 34579 td 2-7

Call and dump the 9 I think. For such a nice looking hand that is pretty nasty.

With 1 limper I raise.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Knowing I'm getting called by the limpers, I think I'm raising here for position. You are forcing out the blinds and playing against two people drawing one card, possibly two...but fnord know better than I...
Old 06-09-2005, 03:36 PM

I just go ahead and fold it.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:35 PM

I can't see breaking this hand and I don't want to run it against two people either. If the two limpers are terrible enough (and lets face it, they're limping) I might still do it.

If they've been drawing 2-3 cards when limping and raising anytime they have a decent hand, then I'm actually liking this hand a bit.

If I did play the hand, I'd stay pat and jam until someone stays pat/raises. When that happens, I'll either fold or call down. The only time I'd call down would be if I think a player is trying to get me to break, but I wouldn't think that would happen a whole lot.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 limpers to you in the Co, what do you do with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

RAISE. You have 2 limpers, raise with the intention of isolating them. Since you have position, you can determine what the field will do before taking action. If anyone is drawing 1 card, its time to reconsider staying pat.

Considering the two limpers (TD players are notoriously too aggressive on UB) its a safe bet that neither of them have a smooth draw to the nutz.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM

I'm not sure my thinking is correct, but I hate breaking this hand. You have at best 8 outs to improve. In reality, I think you have to discount that because there's a better than random chance that at least one two will be gone. Also, there are not that many hands that 875 beats that 97 loses to.

So, if you don't think a 9 has a chance of winning this hand, I don't think you can put any more money in the pot.

On the other hand, you probably get 2 free draws after the initial raise a lot of the time. So, the only time I would draw would be when I would have folded, but it checked around.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Breaking this hand is no good since you can only use a 2 or 8, and at least 1 deuce should be in one of the limper's hand, and a fat 8 most likely won't be any good if they improve. You need to raise here and stand pat and keep betting to try to get headsup. If they both improve to 1 card draws before the last draw, all you can do on the end is check & fold. If there had been a raise in front of me with this hand I would fold it without a second thought.