Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 12:25 PM

Default Another 30+3 pokerstars question

There is about 30 players remaining, and I want at least 20k for the final table. I need chips to win it...

I have around T8500 with the average stack of T5500 or so, I am playing fairly aggressively, stealing more then my share of pots. I am dealt AKo in the BB, and a small stack (2000) goes all in from the cutoff... I call instantly. He has Q9o and he takes it down [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I have a little of the Phil Helmuth mentality here and I started steaming a bit... T6500 left...

Next hand I am dealt Kh7h in the SB and it is folded to me... I have T6500 and a head of steam and go all-in. The BB had about T2800 and calls with Qc5c. Of course I lose... [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I am now down to T3700 and I am totally snapped... [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I am dealt Jh9h on the button and it is folded to me... I go all in and am not called... At this time I believe the blinds are T150 T300 and there are T250 in Antes. So I move up to T4300... next hand I am in the cut-off and it is folded to me and I go all-in with Kd7d... no one calls I have T5000 and still totally snapped. Next hand I am 1 away from the cutoff and I am dealt AJo... and go all in. Someone with about T4000 calls me with JT... finally my hand holds up and I have about T9500, and I calm down... probably because I am dealt 82o the next hand.

Again, I ended up winning the tournament (3 way chop)... It wasn't until 22 players remaining or so that I won a hand where I was a dog (I had AcKs against 7c7s), and I was very close to even money on this one...

How lucky was I?

P.S. one more hand to come
Old 10-05-2002, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Another 30+3 pokerstars question

At this point, very lucky. Don't go on tilt :-)

Andy.