Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Screwed this one up

It's been a month since I broke up with my g/f, and I have not hooked up with a girl since. We dated for 8 months, and I was completely faithful and didn't really even hit on other girls, but the problem with this is I think my game suffered from lack of practise.

I was at the bar last night, semi-drunk, and just walking back to a couple of my buddies with some beers in my hand. A VERY attractive blond girl talking with three of her friends (two male, one female) grabs my shoulder as I'm walking by. I turn around, and she kinda smiles at me and starts dancing a little bit, but doesn't say anything. The first words out of my mouth? "Do I know you?" Good Lord... She kind of looked at me funny, and then I asked if her name was Megan. She looked kind of disgusted, then waved me off.

I'm not really used to having girls just grab me to start a conversation, especially when she was already talking to her friends. My thinking was that she mistook me for someone she knew, or maybe that I actually did know her from somewhere but don't remember. I think I made a pretty bad misread here. Comments on my play, suggestions on a better line? Once I made the initial comment, was I screwed, or was there a way to salvage it?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Screwed this one up

[ QUOTE ]
Once I made the initial comment, was I screwed, or was there a way to salvage it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Yes.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM

So do you have any advice on how I should have done it better?

That kind of gives me an idea. There should be a forum that works like 2+2 for picking up girls. People sign up, and post an experience about trying to pick up a girl, and how it worked out. Other people will comment on how good their play was, what they could have done better, etc. Everyone works together to improve each other's game. Even for people that have a really good idea of what they are doing, just like in poker, everyone can always improve. It's good to look at opinions of others. It would be a great tool for social losers and experts alike.

Of course many would have to start out in the Swamp Donkey forum. As they move up and take shots at higher levels, they can start posting in the Not Bad and the Hottie forums. Of course, some people won't have the capabilities to move up, and will be destined to spend the rest of their time in the Not Bad forum, but they will at least improve from their Swamp Donkeys with a little help on their game.

I'm sure you will all laugh at this now, but hey, my idea could be worth millions to me in the future. Charge a small signup fee, or a monthly fee or something, get some good advertising, and the money just rolls in. Hey, I could even start a publishing company or something, and have people write books about this.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do you have any advice on how I should have done it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The first words out of my mouth? "Do I know you?" Good Lord... She kind of looked at me funny, and then I asked if her name was Megan. She looked kind of disgusted, then waved me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, no words were needed. She didn't come over and start conversation, she just wanted to dance. Squash whatever hesitation you might have had and just start dancing with her. You'll have plenty of time later to talk if it goes there, and if not you had some fun dancing with a cute girl.

If you make the mistake of saying something, especially something negative like 'do i know you?' you can almost always salvage things with a slightly sarcastic yet friendly comment and a smile. The words are less important than the confident and easygoing manner in which you deliver them.

Too often guys will say something and then apologize which seems weak and isn't attractive to girls. Be funny, be a little cocky if you can pull it off right. Let them have a good time with you.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM

I've actually joked "Do I know you?" in similar situations. I think I may have even said it to my wife when we met. But why did you ask if her name was Megan?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Excellent. It was mostly in jest, but I definetly think my forum idea could have some merit. With responses like these and discussions following, everyone could improve their game, and seriously, who doesn't want that? I haven't actually read QLC before, please tell me my idea hasn't already been done.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:26 PM

I remember briefly meeting a hot blond girl at school named Megan, who happened to be from my hometown, which is where I am now. I was kind of confused still at this point, and thought maybe this was her, as I knew she did come to this bar occassionally.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember briefly meeting a hot blond girl at school named Megan, who happened to be from my hometown, which is where I am now. I was kind of confused still at this point, and thought maybe this was her, as I knew she did come to this bar occassionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given you were ahlf drunka dn confused, the best move would have been to dance a little closer and keep your trap shut. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given you were ahlf drunka dn confused, the best move would have been to dance a little closer and keep your trap shut. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that as well, but the fact that this wasn't even on the dance floor, it was upstairs, and she was with 3 of her friends (again two being male, and large) made it seem a little weird to do that. If it was on the dance floor, that would have been my instinctual response.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:42 PM

she was standing with friends, and he was carrying beers to his buddy. I doubt she wanted to dance. And honestly, I think you would have looked like a huge tard just suddenly starting to dance in that situation.

Her actions were kinda wierd. She was prolly royally drunk. Smile back, say hello, see if she says anything or continues to act weird. If its the latter, go bring ure buddies their beer and if you want later you can brush by her again.